• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Storing ISOMs

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I have a bunch of random vitolas of ISOMs, none of which have cello on them, as is ttpical of ISOMs. I am storing them all in a old cigar box in my humi but am doing so for long term and am concerned with the flavors marrying. My question is should i worry about a bunch of ISOMs marrying flavor and hoe does everyone else store their misc. ISOMs?

Following advise from those wiser than me, I store them at around 65RH and separate them with cedar slats that I made from empty boxes.

Unless I get onzies and twozies, I just drop the box in the humidor and there they stay. I have never thought what I'd do when they get to be just a few cigars - my first box was just a few weeks back, quickly followed by #2 and #3 - but I imagine I'd chop up the boxes and do that same.

Of course, YMMV.

I have a bunch of random vitolas of ISOMs, none of which have cello on them, as is ttpical of ISOMs. I am storing them all in a old cigar box in my humi but am doing so for long term and am concerned with the flavors marrying. My question is should i worry about a bunch of ISOMs marrying flavor and hoe does everyone else store their misc. ISOMs?

Edited because I'm a redundant writer and lack proof reading skills.

Unless you are talking about long-term aging in the 10-15 years range, I wouldn't worry about the flavors marrying. The idea that flavors transfer b/w cigars (not flavored ones of course) is over-hyped imo, and shouldn't be a concern at all unless, like I said, you do so in the 10+ year range.

Nah, just separate them by size for easier picking. Otherwise, no worries.

Separate with the thin cedar wood that comes in some boxes, if you're concerned.

Well the correct answer would be to send them to me. I would be responsible for the proper long term storage, humidification, rotation and tasting before sending back to you. This service is free to you and all others. My only issue is that you have to insure there are enough cigars to conduct my periodic sampling to ensure the cigars are in the appropriate environment.

The others have given some good information. YMMV

Well the correct answer would be to send them to me. I would be responsible for the proper long term storage, humidification, rotation and tasting before sending back to you. This service is free to you and all others. My only issue is that you have to insure there are enough cigars to conduct my periodic sampling to ensure the cigars are in the appropriate environment.

Thanks guys, sounds like I'm fine. Tony, send me your Addy and I'll send you some stuff to store.

And that my friends...is an eloquent mooch!

I tip my hat to you, sir. :thumbs:

It is not a mooch, it is a service I provide the community! It's all about the love, between B/SOTL and me :D

Thanks guys, sounds like I'm fine. Tony, send me your Addy and I'll send you some stuff to store.

Yo J, thanks for the offer, but I'm waiting for Gary to send all his to me. I'll have to make room so I'll have to put you on hold, LOL

It is not a mooch, it is a service I provide the community! It's all about the love, between B/SOTL and me :D
Love and service, sounds like Flower Child nonsense to me :laugh:

Yo J, thanks for the offer, but I'm waiting for Gary to send all his to me. I'll have to make room so I'll have to put you on hold, LOL
Well just let me know when my number is up. I'll be carefull not to let the fox in the hen house until a speciallist checks these things out.