• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strange Phone Call

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
I got a call from an odd number this morning on my cell phone. I didn't answer as I normally don't answer odd numbers anyways but they didn't leave a message. I took to the internet and found the area code to be one out of Los Angeles and after a little more searching, it seems that it might have been a credit card phishing scam. It also said something about a very nasty message on this numbers voicemail box, which is and was full. Because I am of the curious type I called it back from my phone at work and it was indeed nasty (not to mention creepy).

Has anyone else experienced something like this, and what did you do? I blocked the number via verizon, but I wonder how they got it in the first place. Its not something I post in forums other than maybe in a pm to another member here, and I may have done similar in a pm to another member in a gaming forum as well. Any thoughts?

I got a call from an odd number this morning on my cell phone. I didn't answer as I normally don't answer odd numbers anyways but they didn't leave a message. I took to the internet and found the area code to be one out of Los Angeles and after a little more searching, it seems that it might have been a credit card phishing scam. It also said something about a very nasty message on this numbers voicemail box, which is and was full. Because I am of the curious type I called it back from my phone at work and it was indeed nasty (not to mention creepy).

Has anyone else experienced something like this, and what did you do? I blocked the number via verizon, but I wonder how they got it in the first place. Its not something I post in forums other than maybe in a pm to another member here, and I may have done similar in a pm to another member in a gaming forum as well. Any thoughts?

Probably got the call from a random number generator....or they got into an file at your phone company (not your file...but a list of numbers).

Heck, they could have even gotten it if you have it on a utility bill!

Report it to your provider. They have teams that will follow up.

I actually missed a call on my cell last week and when I looked it up it was also from LA. I never answer a number I dont know, and there was no voicemail left. I didnt call back the number to check but I wonder if its the same thing.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on my personal/financial info to see if anything changes.

Yeah, a couple of months ago I suddenly starting getting calls that told me I had a problem with my debit card, but they were from different banks (none of which I actually bank with) so I just chalked it up to a scam. Seems to have stopped though.

It also said something about a very nasty message on this numbers voicemail box, which is and was full. Because I am of the curious type I called it back from my phone at work and it was indeed nasty (not to mention creepy).
Well now you've just got my curiosity piqued. What did it say?

It said, "You are going to get lucky tonight.................because I'm stronger than you!"
wub.gif

Bwaaaahahhahhaahhahahaha!

<edit for font change>

If you have an android phone, you can long press on the number in your call log and add it to the auto-reject list.

It also said something about a very nasty message on this numbers voicemail box, which is and was full. Because I am of the curious type I called it back from my phone at work and it was indeed nasty (not to mention creepy).
Well now you've just got my curiosity piqued. What did it say?

LOL, I was wondering if I was the only one that was curious....

It said, in probably the strangest and creepiest devil like voice I've heard in awhile (think Scream 1,2,3,4...scary voice) "I'm going to f*** you and kill you".

It still kinda creeps me out, but I knew it was going to say that going in, so at the moment I heard it I did let out a bit of a laugh.