• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Strong cigars

The JdN Atañó are just plain nasty. I wouldn’t call them strong.

I’d call them a porta John in a wrapper.

Suggest you try a NAS by LFD. If that don’t do it I’ll be surprised. It’s called Nasty as Shit for a reason.

I haven't smoked one in a while but thought the Oliva Serie V Melanio had a kick. Strong and tasty. Bought a box and going to let them rest a year or 2.

When I first started smoking, the CAO criollo kicked my ass....
Mine too. It was very early in my smoking carreer, but one of those put me on the couch, spinning and sweating and begging not to blow my cookies all over. Just horrible.....

My game has improved quite a bit since then, but I haven't had the courage to try one again.....that was brutal.

Suggest you try a NAS by LFD. If that don’t do it I’ll be surprised. It’s called Nasty as Shit for a reason.
Well after some time spent trying to find the NAS, I found it and procured one. Check out the “Today’s Smoke 2018” tread for my experience.
98F30AEE-50FD-4166-8130-FCB5CAFB066E.jpeg

Seeing this thread still going got me thinking about years back, picking up a box of OR Camacho Scorpions from a good BOTL. This was the box I've mentioned before was two sticks short (guess they weren't to his taste) so he put a couple Davidoff Joss Stone 30th sticks in to fill it up. Very definition of a true BOTL, that LZ6 (this was another forum, I don't think he's here).

Anyway, Camacho Scorpions were basically a highly aged version of the Camacho Diploma, in a perfecto vitola, like a fat Hemingway. And the Diploma is a strong cigar, as anyone who's smoked the old 11/18s can tell you.

The Scorpions were like . . . Ferraris. You know---a vintage muscle car era GTO like I had in high school is brutal, loud, nasty, badass and totally in your face. All horsepower. (I could get the front wheels off the ground on mine when I dumped the clutch just right!) A Ferrari, though, is smooth, elegant . . . and much, much faster. These were like that. They'd fool you with their smoothness but you could still feel that V12 humming under the hood, and about halfway in you'd start to sweat a bit.

Had my shield brother Thomas down from San Antonio for a cigar weekend one time and I pulled the box out. This was like our second or third cigar of the night and we both like 'em strong so the earlier cigars were no lightweights either. About halfway in . . . Thomas goes a little green and excuses himself to the head to puke his guts out. :D

Came back out and finished the stick, though. o_O

~Boar

This is funny. I've been trying to get away from strong cigars. I'm really tired of hammering my taste buds. Been enjoying Ct. wrappers.

Doc

This is funny. I've been trying to get away from strong cigars. I'm really tired of hammering my taste buds. Been enjoying Ct. wrappers.

Doc

I've been thinking the same way lately. I'd rather not sear off my tastebuds and enjoy a nice med cigar.

Gave a buddy of mine who is pretty new to cigars one of those super ligero LFD firecrackers. I wanted him to taste a "strong" cigar compared to all the Cubans, and the firecrackers aren't big enough to kill him. He liked it more than I thought he would but did say it would be something to have after a particularly rough shift.

As a former longtime connoisseur of Marlboro reds, the only cigar yet to trouble me in strength was the nub of a shark, smoked on an empty stomach. I started coughing and the possibility that puke might result suddenly presented itself.

I rarely smoke truly strong cigars anymore, but I have to say, a strong cigar like a shark after a fine meal with some top rate spirits can put me in a state of deep relaxation I don't experience otherwise. Now that I mention it, it's time to do that again soon.

Cheers