• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Stupid PPL!

s0ber

Quick story to make your heart sink. I've been goin to physical theropy for the last 6 months and developed a good relationship with my theropist (no gay jokes please). One day we started talkin and cigars came up. He goes down to saint martin or something like that and has the ususally guy who knows a guy who gets em from cuba. He brings me in what he claims to be a cohiba sigilo VI. It looked more like a sigilio IV then anything else. This was to be my first cuban. I smoked it and found it very bland and boring. It had a leathery taste to it. I figured hes buyin fake cubans because I wasnt impressed the slightest bit. Like 3 weeks ago I got 3 boxes in from hong kong, all minuto sizes. Bein the nice guy I am, I give him a BCJ,SC-EP, and a RASSC. I figured it would be nice to turn him onto some real cubans and I even gave him a hong kong web site so he can look at prices and maybe start buyin the real thing. Today I go into theropy and asked him if he smoked the cigars he said no, he gave em to the other physical theropist who doesnt even smoke cigars. Then he tells me he never even looked at my web site. He also mentions how his brother told him about fake cubans and they were buyin from their "trusted" source. Turns out he bought a box of siglio VI's for $275, a box of double coronoas for $300 (which hes tryin to sell to me) and mentions how hes buyin a box of esplendido's for $375. :lookup: I'm givin up talkin to people about cigars. I mentioned how I had a book about cubans (MRN) but im to the point that im gunna let him smoke his fake cubans and leave it at that. Just my rant for the day. :angry:

Some people are ignorant and won't be proved wrong until they find out themselves. He'll come around someday. Until that time why don't you tell him to join CP so we can all tell him they're fakes. :D

There are very few people who profess to be cigar guys who really understand. There is a friend of mine at the club who is an avid cigar smoker and gets cigars from a guy who is an airline pilot who knows people who fly to etc. etc. etc. and I proved to him he was not buying real cubans. He still buys them claiming they are really cuban but from guys who work in the factory etc. etc. etc. The talent for making a good cigar, as we know, is the blender and roller and the quality control etc. etc. etc. It's just not worth trying the time, effort and money to convince most people otherwise.

s0ber said:
Quick story to make your heart sink. I've been goin to physical theropy for the last 6 months and developed a good relationship with my theropist (no gay jokes please).
If we wanted to make gay jokes it would be with a Theremin not a therapist :p

Now I've really confused everybody.

Hmmm, I never run into idiots like the ones that Larry and George mentioned. I'm sure my day will come though. I have a few friends that know a little about cigars but they never try to come across like know more than anyone else.
I guess I've been lucky so far as I'm not sure I'd have the patience or the diplomacy that you two did :0

F&%@ the DUMB...Let him choke on what he is smoking!!!! :p

And dont give him any more of your good smokes.