• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suckers

MrMaduro

These have Gotta Go!!!!!!!

0731082033.jpg

Put Heineken on a plate, near the plants.

You'll have a plate of drunken leeches!!!

Yes - I am serious.

<or is that slugs?>

These are tobacco aphids (or possibly green peach aphids). I have them severely on my crops too. Normally I would spray with an insecticidal soap, but I don't want to smoke that, so I've just been spraying with stiff blasts of water. The sucky part of that is it can damage the leaves.

If you want to get rid of them organically. Buy some Ladybug Larvae.
They love sucking the life outta aphids :laugh:

I think he means the little leaves growing by his hand. Saying that it is a "Sucker" means it will rob the part that Bob wants to do well, of much needed nutrients..........Right Bob? ???

jfields is right. I was refering to the little stem and leaves at the base of the main leaf. We call these "suckers". The little specks on it is pollen from the blooms. I've sprayed them with a mixture of ground up tobacco leaves, black pepper, and dish soap. This keeps the leaf eaters away. ....Brian.....

jfields is right. I was refering to the little stem and leaves at the base of the main leaf. We call these "suckers".

I figured this out after reading the other post you made using this picture. Forgive me for going with the pest discussion above.

I've sprayed them with a mixture of ground up tobacco leaves, black pepper, and dish soap.

Is this why some tobacco has "spice" when you smoke it :whistling:

I don't know if that would give the leaves a spicy flavor or not. I guess it could. I'm not sure what the big tobacco growers use to keep away the leaf eaters. But I'm pretty sure they use something, because if left alone those things can destroy your leaves in very short order.