• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestion for a newbie

brianetz1

In a previous thread one of the elder statesmen here suggested that I find something that i like and ask for suggestions based off of that cigar. At that time, i hadn't smoked any cigars that "knocked my socks off" so I really couldn't give him a good idea of what i was looking for.

Well this past weekend, i had that wow i really love this cigar moment:

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo

I loved the sweet/creamy taste with the bit of pepper and i was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for a newbie BOTL on cigars that are similar in flavor profile or cigars that have that sweet/creamy taste with other flavors there also.

I did a search for Tempus and tried to find some threads on this, but there were no recommendations in the 8 or so threads i checked.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated!

my father original line should fit that bill, though ive only had the lancero do far. that thing started smooth and creamy for me and started picking up some nice spice notes halfway through.

I smoked a Tempus maduro tonight. A solid smoke to say the least. It was def worth the 60.00 I paid for the box on CBid.

IMO the Tempus line is usually one of the better deals to be found on CI or CBid. Very enjoyable smoke.

Not to crap on AB, but I had a sampler from Jonesy I bought a few years back (I think it was from Brian) and TBH, I did not like it. That being said, I will echo the My Father line comment, however I'd like to throw in the ring the My Father Le Bijou 192234858 or whatever the hell its called. Pretty smooth smoke with a decent subtle kick.

Also, check out the Don Pepin Blues my man, pretty decent after a few years on them, or right out of the box. I don't know how the new ones taste, but the old blend was rockin'.

Perdomo 10th Anniversary series, particularly the Champagne, if you're looking for that sweet creamy flavor.

I always recommend my favorite...The Oliva V series. Its said to be full bodied, but I feel its more medium bodied, which can be due to PEPPERY taste it gives off throughout the entire cigar. Full of flavor and burns to perfection. I also recommend the Oliva V series Melanio. Very similar to the V but not as peppery, although a smoother smoke. Hope you get to enjoy one!

The Cabaiguan Guapos Rx is a great slightly sweet, creamy almost buttery cigar. Give it a try.
I agree the cabiguan is a great stick and I know your a tat lover. I know you still aren't that into maduro a but the Cabiguan maduro is one hell of a stick

I always recommend my favorite...The Oliva V series. Its said to be full bodied, but I feel its more medium bodied, which can be due to PEPPERY taste it gives off throughout the entire cigar. Full of flavor and burns to perfection. I also recommend the Oliva V series Melanio. Very similar to the V but not as peppery, although a smoother smoke. Hope you get to enjoy one!

I will have to back sal up on the Melanio. I was never that into Oliva, not that they are a bad smoke, just not one that I would keep in my regular rotation. After hearing him raving about them he was generous enough to gift me a Melanio and I can say it blew me away. It's has become one of my favorite smokes lately and I have loved every Vitola I have tried. Anyone who hasn't tried one should make it a point to give it a try

thanks for all the suggestions

Trying the My Father tonight.

Have the Olivia and the Perdomo on the way

Since then i have tried an Undercrown and a Ave Maria and loved them both......

Back