• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for ashtrays?

dlow

Noob
Hey guys,

I'm in dire need of an ashtray. I'm currently using one with slots for cigarettes which doesn't provide anywhere to rest a cigar. Given that I often read while smoking, I want one that is good for resting a smoke while I flip pages. Anyone have suggestions on what to get/where to get it?

if you're a cheap ass/thrifty, Thrift Stores.

otherwise, Stinky is the way to go, stainless

someone will probably send you one, or find a deal on a cigar deal that includes an ashtray.

gallery_9334_1073_186043.jpg

gallery_9334_1073_201692.jpg

Here are a few pics of mine. I got it at my local cigar shop. You should be able to find a lot online tho.

I have one just like this but has a diffrent logo on it

ashtray_cigar_lib.jpg

works fine for me.

Those are some great looking ashtrays gents. It may just be me but I can't quite justify spending $30+ on something that keep ash from hitting the ground. :blush: I've been looking for a cheap one for a while now, but just haven't found anything that struck my fancy.

I like floor ashtrays.

Find a nice used one or buy one of mine from me! :laugh:

Dec2491.jpg

^^^ That is swanky and sweeeeet!

I'm telling you, Thrift Stores usually have a decent amount of ashtrays, all shapes and sizes. I've picked up some killer ones from the 60's-70's. two broke during parties and my brother stole the 3rd.

Anyone remember the gold foil Jack in the Box ones? I would love to find a cigar sized one, the hipster emo kids would think I'm cool then i'm sure.

plus thrift store ashtrays cost about .60c

The shop my be has this one, I have been eyeing it for awhile. I am waiting for him to put it on sale :p

montecristo-ashtray.jpg

I would love to have the mother of all ashtrays!

fullherf500x.jpg

^^^ That is swanky and sweeeeet!

I'm telling you, Thrift Stores usually have a decent amount of ashtrays, all shapes and sizes. I've picked up some killer ones from the 60's-70's. two broke during parties and my brother stole the 3rd.

Anyone remember the gold foil Jack in the Box ones? I would love to find a cigar sized one, the hipster emo kids would think I'm cool then i'm sure.

plus thrift store ashtrays cost about .60c

:laugh:

Yep, my mother bought this for my father sometime in the late 1960s for a Christmas present! Good call on the time frame! :D :thumbs:

That's a lot of ashes. I paid 34 for mine. I got tired on sitting it on a soda can and ashing in it lol it was pretty hard.

I tryed putting ashes into a beer bottle.... that did not work, I don't think the beer helped the matter eather.

I picked up a 4 finger nat sherman ashtray on cbid for around $9. Good buy considering it's like 10"x10" and ceramic.

Those are some great looking ashtrays gents. It may just be me but I can't quite justify spending $30+ on something that keep ash from hitting the ground. :blush: I've been looking for a cheap one for a while now, but just haven't found anything that struck my fancy.

I'm with you on that one. I think I'm going to look around some thrift stores and see what they have. I bet if I look hard enough, I'll find one for just a couple of dollars.

When I first started smoking again I used a teacup as an ashtray, but it took away from the experience by seeming overly cheap. Then I got a single alloy (code word for piece of crap) ashtray for $9.00 That one was hideous enough that I considered what I use now, which I thought was a great deal because it was $15 less than what my local B&M was charging. I'm sure that other members will appreciate the irony of this picture... :laugh:

Blasphamy.jpg

I just got this......

This ashtray is truly remarkable! Indeed, there is no better way to enjoy one of the stellar Legends Series cigars than with an enjoyable 4-Finger Porcelain Ashtray that celebrates each blend from today’s biggest names. Just in case you couldn’t tell, this ashtray is big: 10.25" x 9.25" with a 1.5" deep ashing bowl, you can smoke the night away and never have to empty this sucker out. In the middle, the classic Legends Series logo complemented by gold trim on the outer rim. Gorgeous.

From Cigarbid.com

cost...... $7.00

- KiltLad

I simply took a piece of 2x4 about 6 inches long and a dremil tool and made one. I sanded it down so that it wouldn't damage my cigars and it looks pretty good. It doens't have to be complicated man.

I simply took a piece of 2x4 about 6 inches long and a dremil tool and made one. I sanded it down so that it wouldn't damage my cigars and it looks pretty good. It doens't have to be complicated man.

I think I like this suggestion the best. I'll do this tonight.

I found a Stinky 4-finger model on fleabay for under $20.00 shipped. YMMV.....

Another great source are 2nd hand stores. My wife has found some seriously cool antique ash trays in those shops, on the cheap.

Good luck - B.B.S.