• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for Lighter with Attached Cutter

Setren

Reaction score
I know there are several topics made about suggestions for lighters on general, but I thought I'd ask if you guys have any suggestion for lighters with a cigar cutter attached. I prefer an actual cutter, not a punch, but a lighter with a cutter or a punch will work, probably.

I know Xikar has one with a punch in it, and Blazer has that Chief II with a cutter that slides off. But I don't know of many others. Any suggestions? Or is it just much better to get a separate lighter and a separate cutter?

Thanks!

I know there are several topics made about suggestions for lighters on general, but I thought I'd ask if you guys have any suggestion for lighters with a cigar cutter attached. I prefer an actual cutter, not a punch, but a lighter with a cutter or a punch will work, probably.

I know Xikar has one with a punch in it, and Blazer has that Chief II with a cutter that slides off. But I don't know of many others. Any suggestions? Or is it just much better to get a separate lighter and a separate cutter?

Thanks!

I haven't used any lighters with attached cutters. I would suspect the cutter isn't up to par with the better ones out there (Palio, Xicar, etc.)

I would spend a little bit extra and get something high quality that will last you a long time. I know my Xicar and my Palio and my Dupont lighters will last a very long time. They were expensive, but I know they will always work when I need them and they will last for many years.

I use a Colibri "The Don" lighter. It does have a single blade cutter which comes in handy if I don't have my cutter with me. I use a cheapo guillotine cutter which imo cuts much better than the one attached to the torch because of the placement of the cutter. IMO you are better of buying a solid $30-40 lighter and a nice Xikar cutter for around $45-55 than dropping the $90 my girlfriend spent on the don from colibri or something comparable to it.

Xikar is coming out with an improved twin flame lighter (Element) that has a punch. It is also slighter larger than the older model (Im assuming it will hold more fuel). Like you mentioned earlier Xikar originally also has the Eris lighter that has a punch. Unfortunately no guillotine type cutters. :)

I like them because you can grab a lighter, a cigar and run. For a straight cut I use the Colibri Boss II and for a punch I use either the Colibri Predator or Tri-Cutta.

I have the Blue Rhino Beast. A triple torch lighter with a built in punch. Though I prefer to take my single torch lighter and my xikar Xi3. But the Blue Rhino is a good lighter and a good punch. I just prefer to cut and not punch.
B

I checked out a Colibri Boss II at a local B&M today. The cutter seems a bit small, heh. I'm leaning towards getting a separate lighter from what people say, though.

I love having my punches built in to my lighter, when I'm not carrying my travel humi it makes things much lighter in the pockets. But, most of the time I am with my travel humi and so carry two lighters and two cutters.

The Colibri Tri-Cutta is the one with three punch sizes. My Colibri has been pretty reliable, but I know most aren't. The Xicar lighters I've used have been very reliable, I'd go with one of those.

I like the idea of a cutter lighter combo, but do not own one. If I'm not mistaken the Tinderbox in Collierville has v-cutter lighter combo. It looked nice but I didn't look closer as it was out of my price range. It was made by Collibri (sp?) if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, I saw those at Collierville. Didn't appeal to me much. :\

I'm actually liking the looks of the Xikar Eris. But can anybody tell me about jet flames? Are they as good, any better than torch flames?

I bought a knock-off Colibri from the shop in Boise on the recomendation from Cory and Jeremy, and it's been through the washer and dryer twice, and still works like a champ. I'm not sure how widely available they are though.

I checked out a Colibri Boss II at a local B&M today. The cutter seems a bit small, heh. I'm leaning towards getting a separate lighter from what people say, though.

Setren...I hear ya about the Boss cutter being a little small...I'm a big beli and torp smoker so it works out for me....I should have mentioned that to you ahead of time and saved you a trip...sorry. Plus that cutter is a little wobbly, but I make that concession for convenience.....it's no Xikar by any means!.....lol. But I am on my 3rd Boss, before it was the II...I love the grab and go factor.

I use the Colibri CEO lighter. It has a double guillotine cutter built in and it's slim enough to fit in your pocket with ease. I always get compliments when I pull my lighter out.

Linky

That Colibri CEO looks cool.

Actually, my girlfriend figured that I needed a new lighter when she saw my old one flickering out on me, so she decided to get me a Xikar Eris even though she doesn't like my hobby. :D

I'll post a review about it once I get it and use it.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for all the help, btw. I read every post. :)