• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions on any of the following smokes 1st CC box

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
Hi all,
Was eying to pick up my first CC box purchase, i have picked up packs/singles in the past and have had the following and enjoyed all:

H.upmann Mag 46 tubos
Punch Punch
Partagas Lusitiana
RyJ Short Churchill tubos
Cohiba Siglo VI tubos
Cohiba Siglo II tubos
Cohiba Siglo III tubos
Montecristo No. 2
Hoyo de Monterrery Epicure No. 2 and No. 1
Montecristo Petit Edmundo
Montecristo Edmundo tubos
Por Larranaga Robusto de Larranaga

I'm eying any of the folowing cartones (box of 15) or boxes of 10 as my first CC box purchase. Which would you suggest and why?

Montecristo Petit Edmundo tubos 15
or box of 10
Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill tubos box of 15
Romeo Y Julieta Churchill tubos box of 10
Partagas Serie D no.4 tubos box of 15
Partagas Serie P no.2 tubos box of 15
Punch Punch Tubos box of 10
Bolivar Royal Corona Tubos box of 10

I'm all ears, thanks in advance for the input.

C
Cohiba Siglo VI box of 10

From the list you are looking at...I would go with the following in order:

PSP2
PSD4
RyJ Churchill
MPE

Funny thing,but I cant see RASS or Boli Bell in that list.
Am I right?

I suggest you buy two! ;)

after further reading and to many suggestions from BOTL, I am adding RASS to the list. so....

Montecristo Petit Edmundo tubos 15
or box of 10
Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill tubos box of 15
Romeo Y Julieta Churchill tubos box of 10
Punch Punch Tubos box of 10
Cohiba Siglo VI box of 10
Ramon Allones Specially Selected box of 25

again, I'd like to know your pick and why.

Thanks.

C

Anything on that list except for RyJ Churchills and Partagas Serie P #2.

Still don't get the question. If you smoked many sticks that you liked, buy the one you liked the most.

From your list, if price is no option, then the Cohiba Sig VI seem obvious to me.

RyJ short Ch and RASS, they both smoke very good right out of the box! :love:

I Just got a box of PSD4 and I haven't been blown away. Everyone has highly suggested these and I am just not crazy about them. Them seem a bit to grassy to me? and most of mine have be pretty tight on the draw.

The Monti Petite Edmundo's are great I just got a box of 10 and I have to agree with Jepe that the Bolivar Belicosos Finos are top notch. I'm not sure you can get them in anything but 25 box though...

It's difficult for us to determine what you might like...but, with that said, I'd try:

These are staple cigars for me. Not the tubos, though. I usually go with the 25 count boxes.

EDIT: I see you added RASS...they are also a cigar I like to keep around. The cabinet of 50 will reward you greatly if you can wait a few years. ;)

RyJ short Ch and RASS, they both smoke very good right out of the box! :love:
I agree that this is an important consideration at first. You don't have other CCs to smnoke while waiting for a box to age. The '08 Monte Petite Edmundos and Hoyo Petite Robustos both smoke well with no additional aging. On the smaller side, RASCC and Party Coronas Senior and PLPC are good choices in that regard.

I'll suggest Juan Lopez Selection #1 or #2 even though they aren't on your list. The #2's I've got from June 08 are smoking good right now.

I'm not sure why you are considering buying smaller boxes of tubos when you could buy boxes of 25 of the non-tubed versions for not much more. So my advice is to buy the sticks you like but buy boxes of 25 it is much more cost effective and chances are you will be able to build a collection of aged stock for future enjoyment.