• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

suggestions on good Rh% level for best sticks?

kyanmyson

King of the ring
Good Afternoon all,
Just curious, guys: how many of you keep your cigars at lower humidity ranges, and what are your takes on it? I hear some connoisseurs keep valuable ISOM's at 55-60%

My storage container's staying at 67-70% right now, I'm wondering if I should lower my rh%, or keep it where it is, if 60% has worked for people. I just smoked my first Alec Bradley prensado and it was alittle soft. Should i had let it sit out awhile before i smoked it?

Thanks in advance.

I try to keep everything at out below 66%. I have CC's at about 63%.

Also get a dry box. An old humidor our tupperware container with some cedar in it. Do not humidify it. Just put sticks you are planning to smoke in and let sit.

I shoot for somewhere between 62-67%. I seem to get the best universal results in that humidity range. I think you just have to play with it and see what you like.

If you'd take the time to do some searching, you'd find that this question has been answered roughly 6.02 X 10^23 times in this forum.  Roughly.

Searching would turn up the ranges of RH that's considered acceptable, what level exponentially increases your risk of mold, what most guys run, and why it's largely personal preference.

There is a wealth of information in these forums.  Even a little searching can turn up thread after thread of applicable info.  I recommend it.

Moleing: unwitting trolling resulting in 6.02 x 10^23 redundant questions.

I understand what your saying about searching, believe me i have but there are so many different answers. My question is about best humidity for best tasted? I know whats best to keep from mold.

kyanmyson said:
My question is about best humidity for best tasted?

I guess you didn't read my suggestion that it's largely due to personal preference.

kyanmyson said:
No i did sir was just responding to other post.
Who me, the fellow noob straight off the turnip truck?

Juanote said:
Moleing: unwitting trolling resulting in 6.02 x 10^23 redundant questions.
It looks like you're not going to take my advice. That's OK, I've been bored lately. As one old timer here used to say, "I got my eye on you".

Doc.

I've done a lot of searching and reading on this subject too, there seems to be limited agreement that NCs in general should be aged at 65-69%, smoke best somewhere around 63-67%, and that you can knock off 2-3% for CCs. But there is broad agreement that this is largely a matter of individual taste and that experimentation is the key.

You will keep your cigars at 65%RH across the board, or, you will be shot!!!!

Again, this comes down to what you like, but, I don't go so nuts as to constantly worrying about temp and RH. This takes up time you could be enjoying a cigar and a nice cold beer...or coffee is you prefer.  

I do a pinch test on my smokes, and check the RH and temp once or twice a month.

Round up a hundred experienced cigar smokers and ask them this question.  You'll get answers from 58-75+%.

Tom I bet if it was searched out you have said that exact statement every time this is asked... Lol

BBS nailed it!

tomthirtysix said:
It depends on whether or not you keep the cello on.

not_this_shit_again-s480x552-220275.jpg

~Boar  :laugh: