• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

suggestions

jabba

My favorite smoke is a medium body/strength Cuban cigar that is 39 x 5". I find this size perfect for a 40 minute smoke and also I really like the 38-40 ring gauge area.

Can you guys recommend a great non Cuban cigar in the same size. I like mild to medium cigars from brands such as AF, Ashton, Cuesta Rey, Diamond Crown, Macanudo, Montesino and Padron (when I'm reaching for a non Cuban).

Also, I prefer smokes that are super smooth and creaming, leaving the pallet feeling clean after I smoke.

Whenever I'm in the mood for a mild but tasty stick I usually head for a Macanudo. I picked up some Old Fashioned 550's (Mac. seconds) for cheap from llynncigars.com and they're very good.

They're Old Fashioned's. The 550 is the Mac Hyde Park second. There's more info here on the different seonds and what they are.

I've tried the Fonsecas and I'm not crazy about them. Thanks though.

Indy, Where do you buy your Old Fashioneds from?

Not sure about NC smokes with that ring gauge.
Go up to 43 and IMO, Davidoff Millennium PC is
the best 43 gauge - very tasty cigar.

Brian

"Padron Londres" is 42x5.5, it comes in Maduro or Natural, whichever you prefer. Tasty medium bodied cigar, and IMO the best cigar you can buy for about 2 dollars. My favorite cheap smoke. :)

Onyx Reserve Robusto

is that a 38-40 ring gauge robusto? LOL

"Padron Londres" is 42x5.5, it comes in Maduro or Natural, whichever you prefer. Tasty medium bodied cigar, and IMO the best cigar you can buy for about 2 dollars. My favorite cheap smoke. :)

I keep a few boxes aging but lately I've found them to be a little harsh and under filled.

Not sure about NC smokes with that ring gauge.
Go up to 43 and IMO, Davidoff Millennium PC is
the best 43 gauge - very tasty cigar.

Brian

They are good but a little pricey.

Tres Mystique or the Don Carlos #4. They aren't your exact specifications, but are close enough.

To answer Jabba's original question, I hear the CAO Moontrance comes in a nice 4x40 size. Perfect!

If you can find them CAO Brazilia has a small cigar that comes in tins of 5 called Cariocas.