• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

suggestions?

jailbait

As I posted in my intro, i'm really digging:

CAO America
CAO MX2
Perdomo Lot 23
Carlos Torano Signature series

based off that very limited listing, could you all make me some suggestions as to what to try next?

and what's the best way of keeping track of all the brands/makes that you do like?

You should try as many different cigars as possible to see what you like. Everyone's tastes are different. As far as keeping track of them all. Paste the bands of the cigars that you smoke in a notebook and make notes about what you liked/disliked about the cigar. I believe this is pretty much the standard way that everyone starts out.

Newbie Sampler Trade is a great place to start. For about 100 bucks you can get yourself a great selection of smokes to try from a good BOTL from here.

Some of my favorites are.

Don Pepin Cuban Classic
Don Pepin Blue Label
Tatuaje Havana line
Punch Rare Corojo
Padron 2000 is a great smoke

Try as many as you can, there is a lot of good smokes out there

Good suggestions from the others. Definitely, smoke as many different lines as you can!

I document all my smokes by conducting min-reviews, than enter them in MS Access. I have a three ring binder that contains forms for filling out when conducting a review. The forms have basic rating criteria along with comments. I then run reports (or "Shopping Lists") based on queries. The queries filter out reviews that have a "buy" rating and list them in descending order by taste and overall rating.

It is extremely simple, but it does all that I want it to; mainly, document what I like and what I don't like...and tell me what I should be looking at when shopping. If you have a computer and MS Access, a tool such as this is really handy!

I like similar cigars, The next cigar you should pick up is a Padron 2000. THE BEST cigar for the money.

Padron's 1964
Ashton VSG

Make a booklet with the bands/brands you try and keep a few notes.

Enjoy!

I like similar cigars, The next cigar you should pick up is a Padron 2000. THE BEST cigar for the money.

I definitely 2nd that! The 3000 and Ambassador are my personal favourites from the core line.

Some of my go-to sticks are the CAO Brazilia and CAO Italia. Also, since you like the Lot 23, give Perdomo's Habano line a try. The Corojo's got a nice spicy kick to it and the Maduro is a meaty, earthy smoke.

All 3 of those cigars are very affordable, which means you can give them a try without breaking the bank.

Let me know if you enjoy them!

Well, the MX2 and Torano would push me towards making maduro recommendations for you.

Pepin JJ Maduro
CAO Brazillia, and Italia
Partagas Black for a stronger stick (Eat a steak before this one.)
SLR Maduro
Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970
Any Padron, 2000 and 2000 Maddies are nice
Trilogy Exotic Maduro (Some might disagree with me, but you never know.)
AVO XO or Maduro
Trinidad natty or maddie
Oliva lines in Maduro

When I first started I found I really enjoyed the Padron 2K, 3K, and 5K. I also have an affliction for Illusione 88. The best part, these smokes won't clean your wallet's clock, so to speak.

I definitely 2nd that! The 3000 and Ambassador are my personal favourites from the core line.

I've also been going more for the 3000's lately over the 2000's... only because they're bigger! It seems every time I'm done with a 2000 I'm sad that I don't have more to smoke haha.

[Shameless Shill Alert On]

Looks like you're looking for a variety of things to try. Based on your initial post, I wonder if you'd be interested in this...

Even at the $49.99 price, it's a good deal. But we're having a special on this sampler soon.

Link

[/Shameless Shill Alert Off]

Humberto
:whistling:

I've also been going more for the 3000's lately over the 2000's... only because they're bigger! It seems every time I'm done with a 2000 I'm sad that I don't have more to smoke haha.

This is unfortunately true for so many cigars we smoke!

La Riqueza

Liga Privada

La flor Dominicana oscuro natural

La flor Dominicana cabinet maduro and Cameroon

Viaje

One of the joys of this hobby is trying different smokes.

Smoke what looks good. You will be surprised at $1-$2 smokes that can compete with $8-$10 smokes.

But, to each his own.

I'll throw some of my favs out there:
Any Padron
Any Illusione
Oliva V or Master Blend 3
Ashton VSG
Any Arturo Fuente
Diamond Crown Maximus
Benchmade (cheapo stick by Pepin)

Good luck and have fun!