• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions...

klipsch

No more Room ≠ No more Cigars
Well I've obtained a few new sticks on the recommendation of a fine BOTL and now I'm looking for suggestions for some others I may like. Right out of the gate...the PSD4's have become one of my new favorites. I've tried and like the Monte #2 as well. I really enjoy the spice of the Partagas, and would love to find out if there are any other lines that have a similar flavor to these. Unfortunately...I can't just walk into the local B&M to pick a stick to try, so I'm asking for suggestions.

Thanks,
Walt

Quay D'Orsay, Vegas Robaina, and Juan Lopez Seleccion #2 are pretty good

You could try the Boli RC assuming Greg hasn't reserved the worldwide inventory.

Why not just get a sampler? Many vendors have them in different vitolas.

Forget the Bolis... Greg has them wrapped up until at least 2012. I was lucky I got a box of Boli PC's... The guy actually asked me if I knew a guy named Greg and wanted me to put a deposit down in case he didn't pick them up...

I have to also agree on the Vegas Robaina, and would like to offer a H. Upmann 46, after having one today, I'm sold.

Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro :thumbs:

X2

One of the best cigars you can smoke, IMNSHO.

Also an X2 for the RASS as I find them to be simply excellent.

And since you like the PSD4's, expand your Partagas horizons and try the Shorts (on the smaller end) and the 8-9-8's on the larger end - both outstanding and, once again IMNSHO, both better than the PSD4.

Finally, try some Trinidads - Reyes or, perhaps better, the Coloniales. They are some of my favorites.

- Tim

If you like the PSD4 you should try the Partagas Series Du Connaisseur #1, #2, and #3.

Thanks for all of the input so far. I've had my eye on a few of the above mentioned, and in some cases I'm just waiting to find some in smaller quantities that I can afford. I can't always swing a box of 25, so I'm on the look out for boxes of 10 or multiple 3-5 packs. So here's the list so far from the suggestions...

Quay D'Orsay
Vegas Robaina, Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Juan Lopez Seleccion #2
Boli RC
RASS
H. Upmann 46 (I've got a Mag 50 I may try today)
Partagas Shorts, 898, Series Du Connaisseur #1, #2, and #3.
Trinidads Reyes, Coloniales

If I seem ignorant, it's only because of my lack of experience with ISOM's (actually...I'm just ignorant :whistling: ). My tastes as they stand today are leaning towards pepper, spice and strength. Think...Cuban version of a Tat T110 but with real flavor. I'm far enough down the slope with my NC smokes to realize that my tastes will change over time. That being the case, I'm completely open to all suggestions...but my current (and probably future) finances are probably best used towards getting some instant gratification for now. I can definitely see my NC stash shrinking to support my new CC addiction... :laugh:

Thanks again for your suggestions and patience,
Walt

When you see someone hosting a GB jump in on it. Sometimes the host would ask a newer member to send their end first.

When you see someone hosting a GB jump in on it. Sometimes the host would ask a newer member to send their end first.
I always expect to send my end first... ;)

nice suggestion. samplers are a practical solution for someone looking to branch out. it makes sense to focus on your favorite vitola, but consider expanding your horizons and trying some less acclaimed sizes as well. smaller cuban cigars are often overlooked, and usually deliver a world of surprise.

enjoy your smokes.

cheers
drew p

nice suggestion. samplers are a practical solution for someone looking to branch out. it makes sense to focus on your favorite vitola, but consider expanding your horizons and trying some less acclaimed sizes as well. smaller cuban cigars are often overlooked, and usually deliver a world of surprise.

enjoy your smokes.

cheers
drew p

I agree about the samplers. But the only retailer that I've done business with doesn't really offer much in that way.

I forgot to mention the Partagas Lusitania :whistling:

And my all time favorite of the Ilse The H.Upmann Sir Winston :love:

Sorry didn't want to make it harder for you :laugh:

Rene

X2 on The H.Upmann Sir Winston. I would not shed a tear if it was the only cigar I had available to me.

Doc

X2 on the Bolis. I love the PC - but the Belicoso Fino is my choice.

Thanks for all of the input so far. You've all helped me to put together a short list (based on current availability) of sticks to choose from for a possible order later. Only problem now, is I need a cooler stretcher... :laugh: