• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions

ConDaddy

I really hate to start new threads but I’ve been doing a ton of reading and I’ve found some amazing info. However I never really found anything specific to this at least not anything current.

For someone that’s new to cigars what are same suggestions that you would give someone like myself of cigars that I must try, but are accessible too. Every new cigar post online is start with Connecticut’s (I prefer Maduro and Cameroon wrappers for the most part), start with something mild (so far I really enjoy medium to full and tend to lean more towards the full.

Price isn’t of the biggest importance to me.

Here are a list of cigars I’ve really enjoyed so far:

Nub Cameroon and Maduro. Was my first cigar and have boxes of both and love them.

Padron 1926 Toro - have only had one and loved it. Have a box of 1964 samplers of both Maduro and Natural but haven’t opened them yet.

My Father Le Bijou 1922 - absolutely love there and bought a box.

Liga Privada #9 - another favorite of mine

Liga Nasty Fritas

I’ve enjoyed the Perdomo 20th anniversary and 10th anniversary and lot 23 And did like the Champagne as well.

As you can tell I haven’t tried that much variety. I have allot of cigars on order to try still, have samplers of Ashton, fuente etc yet to the.

Dislikes:
honestly the only cigar I have yet to like is everything I’ve tried from Olive be it I’ve only tried the O, G, and V. There’s just something in their favor profile that just doesn’t work for me and to be honest I’ve tossed the 4 that I’ve tried less than 1/4 way through.

Please disregard the grammar and punctuation I’m doing this on my phone.

I loved the 99’s you guys have recommended so figured id see what you can do with cigars hahaha.

Oh yeah and cigars that I can buy and smoke now. While I do plan on aging some cigars but it’s gonna take some time to build a collection to age vs smoke now.
I was going to recommend an Oliva V! 😂😂😂
haha lots of people recommend Oliva not sure what it is but I just don’t like their flavor profiles. I have a few more of each so I’ll see what I think later on.

I would also look into San Andres wrappers If you like Cameroon and maduro. Regius was a niche brand I really fell in love with when I first got into the hobby.

I would also look into San Andres wrappers If you like Cameroon and maduro. Regius was a niche brand I really fell in love with when I first got into the hobby.
I’ve never heard of Regius so I’ll check that out. I’ve got a few friends in the neighborhood who smoke cigars but they seem to stick with one cigar and nothing else. You can tell their more about flexing certain brands. I really enjoy the variety and seeing what else is out there so I’m trying to build up a nice mix.

What are people’s thoughts on the Ezra cigars? Seems like he does allot of very limited releases that seem to have allot of praise online. I know he has a COM club and figured if I was going to do something like that maybe his would be best to try something out of the ordinary.

Ezra was great when they just started now they are not worth the $$ in my opinion.

one quick question, I know the Maduro is easy to distinguish but I still confuse between Connecticut and Habano. which one is the lightest brown? or they were the same but just different region grown..

Steven, I'd say pretty much any NC is a "smoke now" cigar, but many still benefit from aging. I'm sure there are exceptions that I will be corrected on by those who have been doing this much longer than I have. As for your tastes, I'd also highly recommend sun grown offerings, as well (I'm on a sun grown kick, myself). Here's some others you might be interested in:

Drew Estate / Liga Privada -- Undercrown Maduro / Sun Grown, Kentucky Fire Cured, FSG
Crowned Heads -- JD Howard Reserve, Four Kicks, Jericho Hill, Headley Grange... hell, anything from their lineup.
Archetype -- I've only had the Axis Mundio, but was incredibly impressed.
Alec Bradley -- American Sun Grown (several of us have been surprised by this one), Post-Embargo
CAO -- I think anything of their's will fit your profile, but the Brasilia is a good bang for the buck.
Pepin -- Blue label
My Father -- The Judge, El Centurion
Arturo Fuente -- Any should fit your profile, and they range from cheapo to expensivo.
Padron -- X000 series, There's a reason these are HIGHLY recommended by almost everyone here.
Illusione / Tatuaje -- Most from these lines will fit your preferance
Herrera Esteli -- Norteño
RoMa Craft -- Intemperence
La Flor Dominica (LFD) -- Great breakfast cigars! I kid, I kid. You wanted strong? You got strong.
Gurkha -- @H. Vachon loves them ALL.

Eh, I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but this is what I think of off the top of my head.

I always recommend:

Arturo Fuente - Chateau and SG Chateau series, Cuban Belicoso, 8-5-8s (all wrappers) and the Hemingway series

Padron - X000 series and Anniversary series (1964 and 1926).

Tatuaje - Havana VI series, Series P

There are so many others as well. The fun part about this hobby, is trying cigars and figuring out which ones you like. What you'll eventually find, is that with anything else, your taste will change over the years and you'll look back on what you liked at first and laugh.

Like what you smoke and don't let anyone else determine your favorites. As Gary @grateful1 says, "Enjoy the ride".

Steven, I'd say pretty much any NC is a "smoke now" cigar, but many still benefit from aging. I'm sure there are exceptions that I will be corrected on by those who have been doing this much longer than I have. As for your tastes, I'd also highly recommend sun grown offerings, as well (I'm on a sun grown kick, myself). Here's some others you might be interested in:

Drew Estate / Liga Privada -- Undercrown Maduro / Sun Grown, Kentucky Fire Cured, FSG
Crowned Heads -- JD Howard Reserve, Four Kicks, Jericho Hill, Headley Grange... hell, anything from their lineup.
Archetype -- I've only had the Axis Mundio, but was incredibly impressed.
Alec Bradley -- American Sun Grown (several of us have been surprised by this one), Post-Embargo
CAO -- I think anything of their's will fit your profile, but the Brasilia is a good bang for the buck.
Pepin -- Blue label
My Father -- The Judge, El Centurion
Arturo Fuente -- Any should fit your profile, and they range from cheapo to expensivo.
Padron -- X000 series, There's a reason these are HIGHLY recommended by almost everyone here.
Illusione
/ Tatuaje -- Most from these lines will fit your preferance
Herrera Esteli -- Norteño
RoMa Craft -- Intemperence
La Flor Dominica (LFD) -- Great breakfast cigars! I kid, I kid. You wanted strong? You got strong.
Gurkha -- @H. Vachon loves them ALL.

Eh, I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton, but this is what I think of off the top of my head.
Bolded the ones I certainly concur with. Seriously, Pepin Blue Labels...how are these not more popular? They are one I always think to myself...I should just buy a damn box already.

Do NOT let me hear that you are paying more than $8 a cigar for non-Cuban cigars 😳 That would be ridiculous (IMO)

Remember the JL2’s that we smoked on the VH? Less than $8 each... The PLPC’s? Less than $5 each.

Ok, I may be just a little bit biased...

Do NOT let me hear that you are paying more than $8 a cigar for non-Cuban cigars 😳 That would be ridiculous (IMO)

Remember the JL2’s that we smoked on the VH? Less than $8 each... The PLPC’s? Less than $5 each.

Ok, I may be just a little bit biased...
Okay then I think I have allot to learn because I’ve definitely paid more than that for my padrons, my fathers, ashtons etc. etc. Damage is done if I’m really messing up here but educate me Yoda!!!!
My shopping is done for now, so this can wait for the virtual call on Saturday if you guys are going to be on.

Okay then I think I have allot to learn because I’ve definitely paid more than that for my padrons, my fathers, ashtons etc. etc. Damage is done if I’m really messing up here but educate me Yoda!!!!
My shopping is done for now, so this can wait for the virtual call on Saturday if you guys are going to be on.
I won’t be on this Saturday, but will definitely be on next Saturday. I will “educate“ you (and my other brothers) on the best cigars on the planet and how you can acquire them. 😃