• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summer storms....

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Some lovely weather we're having lately...

IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

Nice shots, I have always loved watching a storm come through.

Ken

Send some of that over our way, Vegas needs little water... :D

Awesome shots, Greg! I always love a good summer T-storm. This reminds me a lot of sitting out on the front porch of my beach house with my grandparents and watching the thunderstorms sweep across the bay. Always some fantastic lightning shows and crazy downpours. I actually got caught in a downpour walking back from class today. I didnt so much mind though as it was a really warm summer rain...although soggy shoes got old real quick!

Great pictures Greg. I can't remember if I've asked you what camera and lenses you use.

Awesome shots, Greg! I always love a good summer T-storm. This reminds me a lot of sitting out on the front porch of my beach house with my grandparents and watching the thunderstorms sweep across the bay. Always some fantastic lightning shows and crazy downpours. I actually got caught in a downpour walking back from class today. I didnt so much mind though as it was a really warm summer rain...although soggy shoes got old real quick!

A good heavy lightning storm would be nice sometime between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm here.... make the conditions just a little too dangerous to work in, then I can go home :) . I totally agree with you on the soggy footwear part. I've ended up with wet work boots every 3 days, and damp boots for the following day. PITA.

Were you just lucky to get that lighting or did you have a sensor of some sort? I can see the shutter was left open a bit for that second shot.

Last Sunday it rained in SoCal for about 4.5 minutes, and the ground was steaming.

10 minutes later you couldn't tell that anything happened.

We need rain!

Were you just lucky to get that lighting or did you have a sensor of some sort? I can see the shutter was left open a bit for that second shot.

Lucky. :laugh: The lightning was extremely fast last night. I'm very much still in a huge learning curve with this digi SLR.

I love storms in the summer. I enjoy sitting on the porch with a cigar and listening to the thunder.

Nice shots, I have always loved watching a storm come through.

Ken's wife

There ya go, all better!

:D

...ok, ok...some of the best storms I saw were out in Wisconsin...and they also happened to be during a Dead show! :whistling:

30 miles from water and 3 feet from hell here in Tucson. The Monsoon looks over the mountains and takes off runnin. My Grandfather was a cotton farmer. He always said "If we don't get rain in the first part of July, it'll pour in September. We'll see if he was right this year.

Fantastic pictures again my friend, I think I need to move! :whistling:

Nice shots!

Last summer we had such a drought here I couldn't keep the sod in the back yard alive (it gets full sun ALL day) and this summer, we've had so much rain I've only had to get the sprinklers out 2-3 times and the grass is going like gangbusters. My new yard tree's grown at least 3 feet, too.

Going to be thunderstorms rolling through most of the week. Love it.

~Boar

30 miles from water and 3 feet from hell here in Tucson. The Monsoon looks over the mountains and takes off runnin. My Grandfather was a cotton farmer. He always said "If we don't get rain in the first part of July, it'll pour in September. We'll see if he was right this year.

Watched some pretty incredible thunderstorms in Tucson.

WOW, that awesomeness (sp?) of nature is incredible to see! Great pics Greg!

How's your little one handling the sound of the storm, does she come out to see and hear next to you?