• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Summertime refreshing treats!

grateful1

Oh My!

Veggie Jelly Melons - LINKYhttp://www.ourbigearth.com/2008/07/...st-foodies-rosina-hubers-veggie-jelly-melons/
(quantities depend on how many melons used)

Ingredients:

- Melons (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew etc.)
- Fruit and Vegetable blend juice
- Knox gelatin

Directions:

1. Start by cutting your melons in half and scooping out any seeds, or if you're using a mini watermelon then using a spoon or a melon baller make yourself a nice sized hole in the center. When your melons are ready, place them in bowls for stability. You don't want them to tip over when they're filled with liquid later.

2. Next you will need to decide how much juice will be needed to make the jello. An easy way to do this is to fill up your measuring cup with water to the 2 cup mark and slowly pour it into one of the melon cavities. When it is full you will know exactly how much juice will be needed for that melon half by looking at what you poured out of your measuring cup.

3. You will want to use a ratio of 1.25 cups of juice to 1 packet of gelatin and follow the directions on the Knox gelatin box. Once your gelatin has been made pour it into your melon halves and refrigerate until completely set.

4. Cut into wedges and serve.

A super yummy treat on a hot day. Enjoy!

Nice Melons! <m-nsfw>

Those are nice mellons. Is that a little jell-o added for good measure?

I like mine full of vodka.

Edit, oh yes, I see that there's now a recipe to go with that link. I must have been distracted the first time through

That is a pretty sweet idea! I'll keep that in mind for my next BBQ!