• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sun Ripened Oscuros

christ0pher

hispanohablante
well, I'm fairly new to cigar smoking, maybe 6 months..

a few months back I bought a large sampling from a fellow CPer that included one of these in the robusto size...I smoked it back in january and loved it.

Very mild and smooth and tasted like chocolate/coffee. I looked it up, realized that it was solely a JR offering, and bought a box of robustos for something like 30$

Anywho, they've been sitting in the humi since February, & I got one out tonight..same experience..very simple but smooth and obvious flavors...anyone else like these?

Yup, have had a few of these every now and then.
A great example of a good/cheap cigar. And honestly one of the best cigars with an oscuro wrapper.

:thumbs:

I got one of these in a sampler I bought off of Seizure. I guess I'll have to try it now.

LMAO, musta been someone else :laugh: I did a new guy sampler with christ0pher but did not include and SRO in the package.

Bat Chief likes these SRO but I think he's inhaled too much smoke from burning tires to know better anyway :laugh:

A totally different cigar, but I had some LFD Double Ligero Churchill Especial Oscuros lately -- great smokes. They are very strong when you first light 'em up, but they mellow a bit (or your tastebuds are seared off), and the taste is wonderful.

$150 for a box of 20 is not too bad either -- click for link

I think they will be stunning with a few years of age on 'em. They have a unique wrapper that is actually a natural wrapper that is treated with a special process to make it oscuro. The veins are still a lighter color tho for a very unique "antique" look, and the pigtail is a cute touch.

especiales.jpg

Proof is in the smoking tho -- these are a robust cigar that's not for the feint of heart, but it isn't just brute strength, there are some very nice flavors in there too, after you get past the first inch or two.

moki said:
A totally different cigar, but I had some LFD Double Ligero Churchill Especial Oscuros lately -- great smokes. They are very strong when you first light 'em up, but they mellow a bit (or your tastebuds are seared off), and the taste is wonderful.

I think they will be stunning with a few years of age on 'em. They have a unique wrapper that is actually a natural wrapper that is treated with a special process to make it oscuro. The veins are still a lighter color tho for a very unique "antique" look, and the pigtail is a cute touch.

especiales.jpg

Proof is in the smoking tho -- these are a robust cigar that's not for the feint of heart, but it isn't just brute strength, there are some very nice flavors in there too, after you get past the first inch or two.
[snapback]173618[/snapback]​

You are right on the money with this, Moki. I was "gifted" a few of these. The first one I smoked, I was not ready for. I was getting ready to toss it it was incredibly strong at the beginning, thinking it was only going to get worse. I'm glad I hung on for dear life - the finish was VERY nice... I put some of these to rest in the Coolidor and wanted to see if they will even out with age - we'll see!!

If it was my sampler, your welcome...glad you have enjoyed some of those smokes.
christ0pher said:
well, I'm fairly new to cigar smoking, maybe 6 months..

a few months back I bought a large sampling from a fellow CPer that included one of these in the robusto size...I smoked it back in january and loved it.

Very mild and smooth and tasted like chocolate/coffee. I looked it up, realized that it was solely a JR offering, and bought a box of robustos for something like 30$

Anywho, they've been sitting in the humi since February, & I got one out tonight..same experience..very simple but smooth and obvious flavors...anyone else like these?
[snapback]173577[/snapback]​

I've never seen those! I GOTTA GET SOME! :0

moki said:

especiales.jpg

[snapback]173618[/snapback]​

Now that looks like a winner to me.
Will have to look out for these.

:thumbs:

Moki - they actually have them in stock?? The last two boxes I have tried to order of LFD have been cancelled because they sold out (although the site didn't say that)

Anyone intersted in splitting a couple boxes? I'm looking at a box of DL Chisels and a box of the Especiales.

It seems that their site does not support APO shipping though. I'm going to email them, but if they can't (won't) ship overseas I'll be looking for interested parties to do a box split and ship my half to me here in Oki.

-K-

If you get a chance pick up a box of Bolivar Fuerte SRO in "A", they are one of my favorites and alot of times you can get them for a song on a JR special.

The original release from a couple of years ago were extremely mild. Not too bad as I recall but just kind of bland. They were supposedly kicking the blend up a notch for the subsequent releases.

Treamayne said:
Moki - they actually have them in stock?? The last two boxes I have tried to order of LFD have been cancelled because they sold out (although the site didn't say that)
[snapback]173778[/snapback]​

Yep, they have 'em. I bought a few boxes from them the other week.