• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sunday drive

Lee

Drove down to Newport News yesterday to set up some things in my son's apartment. His bed needed some "customizing" and I needed to set up his fax, hang some pictures, etc.

On the drive down, I enjoyed an Opus X Perfection X and some great jazz on the stereo including Kenny Garrett, Charles Mingus, Miles Davis, etc. (thanks Kirk!) The Opus have been surprisingly good this year and the wrapper on this one seemed much lighter, more like a Conn. shade. But the burn was better than usual, which was nice to see!

For the drive back, I decided to try the one LGC Reserva Figurados that I managed to get before they were all gone. I also popped some Roy Hargrove Crisol: Habana (thanks Bill!) and kicked back for the hour drive ahead of me.

Between the cigar, which was incredible and the music, it was one of those moments that will stick out in my mind for some time! The LGC was surpprisingly spicy with lots of smoke. The contruction and burn were flawless. I found the blend fairly unique as well. The music was incredible as well. I found myself emulating the Musabi brothers in A Night at the Roxbury....... :laugh:

If anyone has a few of these LGC's, let's talk! I need more drives like this one!

Cheers!

Lee

Nice review of what sounds like a really good day and smokes!

I torched one the the RF's that I have (Flechas Especiales, kinda slim perfecto) and was very impressed, as in, wish I'd gotten a box of these.

Ernesto never disappoints, does he? :thumbs:

Great Review, but what were you doing with your son's bed! ?! :sign:

Long story short, the bed was lent to some friends, it's antique. They broke it and the part that attaches the rail to the headboard was missing. So I had to fabricate something to make it work.

Ha Ha, my girlfriend's bed is antique (along with the rest of the house is you don't remeber the desk lol) and it's got these really lose slats. Well, drunk me jumps on it and boom went the bed. For the past two nights I've had to rig them in there lol.

KayakinBoy said:
Ha Ha, my girlfriend's bed is antique (along with the rest of the house is you don't remeber the desk lol) and it's got these really lose slats. Well, drunk me jumps on it and boom went the bed. For the past two nights I've had to rig them in there lol.
[snapback]165879[/snapback]​

Must. Resit. Joke. Bed, girlfriend, "jump on it" and "boom went the bed". :whistling:

I was drunk. You have no idea how drunk. Although I do see what you mean... :whistling:

You guys are just not feeling it here!!

Forget the bed! The thing that was so cool about this drive was the right music and the right cigar, on a perfect night while driving down the interstate!

You know those moments that you never forget and everytime you hear that music or smoke that cigar, you think about that particular moment and you smile and say, "Life is good!"

Ahhhhhhhhh, fug it! :laugh:

Cool review. I remember my time living in Newport News well.I'm a plankowner on the uss John c stennis. Rough town, good parties. :whistling:

You know those moments that you never forget and everytime you hear that music or smoke that cigar, you think about that particular moment and you smile and say, "Life is good!"

I hear ya Leebo8-9-8, you just reminded me of one of those moments I had while driving through Lodi last March looking for a winery. Perfect weather, great wines, everything was in bloom, fantastic music on the CD player. I still remember it like it was yesterday, Life "is" good!

:cool:

I know what you mean.
Those moments when all is good can be rare, they should be savored :)
sounds like you liked the cd as much as I do :thumbs:

Bill

I've had experiences like this, but it's always been about songs. I was in Sacramento in 1999 training for 3 weeks. It was the summer when Santana had the song "Smooth" out. From then on when I hear that song, it reminds me of those 3 weeks. Great times.