• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Super Bowl XXXVIII

SamGuss

This was definately one of the BEST super bowl's I have seen - even better than the Titan's super bowl a few years ago.

Sam

Darn good game.

I didn't have a favorite, so it was good just watching and rooting for both at different times.

Awesome game..well played, but boy those defenses both looked sorta soft in then end!! Definitely a game to remember!! Instant classic comes to mind... :D

I am terribly sad that my Panthers didn't win! :( That is my team. 8-years old and already to the SuperBowl. They had a good showing though. I enjoyed it, I'm just sad they didn't win.

I just can't believe Kasay kicked out of bounds after the tying field goal. :(

Oh well, AWESOME came. Who would've tought... 61 pts between these 2 offensive juggernauts! :D

WOW! Altough I was going for Carolina, it was an awesome match-up! I even enjoyed it more cause I had me a PAM Monarca in my mouth! :D

Well sorry SD but this New Englander is glad the Patriots won :thumbs:

What a great game, atypical of the usual boring Superbowl.

Actually it woulda been tough for me though if the Packers had beaten Carolina (which they should have :0 ) since for what little attention I pay to pro football, I really only follow the Packers in the NFC and since I live here in CT, it's only natural that I hear a lot about the Patriots since they're the hometown team.

When I used to work for the state, my boss had season tickets for the Patriots. He's into cigars too, I gotta get him involved on CPass. I'll definately call him tomorrow as he'll be on cloud nine. I didn't say too much to him when the Packers beat the Patriots when ever it was (late 1990's?).

Now, that was a game. No off balanced score or showboating "Prime-Time."
The simple and straight forward way of both teams played was nice for a change. I get tired of this fancy new wave stuff. Just hard hitting football and there was some awesome, bonecrushing hits. One of the Patriot's offensive linemen came back to the line dazed and trying to shake it off.

The QB's made the game. It was like in the days of Montana and Starbuck. (not the same but like)Not this modern running QB that gets nervous and decides to showboat and run it themselves. To me it shows a lack of confidence in their team.

"I can't find anyone in 0.00001 seconds, so, I'm going to run like a scared school girl. There is no way that I can trust my offense to be there for me."

I know that it is necessary to run once in a while but you didn't see the best do it very often. They made big plays happen when it counted. Like the battlefield generals commanding their forces to take the field, advancing and retreating. All the time praying to their Gods and willing their men to take the day.

And the defenses did soften in the end. I think it was because they had some much play time in the 1st half. Also, by the 4th quarter, the offense has hopefully found a weakness in it.

I thought it was a great game and I really wasn't pulling for either team. I would have enjoyed watching Carolina win but I give my thumbs up to the Patriots. I did win the final portion of the pool I was in, $200, wooooo hooooooo....... :D :thumbs: :p

That was a mighty-fine game, and I'm glad to see Carolina finally figured out they were playing football after the first quarter! ???

Carolina acquitted themselves quite well for not having a running game.

On that 85-yard TD by Smith the safety (Poole) was basically looking for a certain route based on watching film of Carolina's tendencies and down & distance situation.

Best comment of the game: during the first quarter someone at the party said "Anyone who took the over on this game is a IDIOT."

About 1/2 way through the 4th quarter I singled him out and asked him what was it he said again about the over/under? LOL

Overall very good game. Lost some money, won some money, lost some cigars. Most importantly my Patriots won so I'm happy. Also my mom called me after the final Vinatieri FG. She had sworn up and down that she was having a guest over for dinner and she was NOT going to watch the game. Turns out her dinner guest was a football fan and they just had to call me. Anything that gets my mom to watch football is good in my book!

Puros said:
It was like in the days of Montana and Starbuck.
Who is Starbuck? :D

Wait, wasn't he in Battlestar Galactica. I loved that show, LOL.

Just messin with ya.

Indeed a great game. Love to see those Panthers only lose by two, LOL. Carolina +7 baby!!!!

Way to go Panthers!

I mean, Congrats Pats!

It was a great game. The Pats were clearly the better team with the Panthers just not getting it done on D :(

lucasbuck said:
It was a great game. The Pats were clearly the better team with the Panthers just not getting it done on D :(
See..this is what I kept telling Sam ;-) He was rooting for the Panthers...me the Patriots ;-) Imagine that

melly the angel :love: