• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Super Partgas

threei

Has anyone tried the Super Partagas? I was recommended a couple of MMS that I am very happy with for the price and want to know if these have that "partagas flavor." Also, is the hand finished worth the extra money? I can get the MMs for about $50 and the HF for $75.

Scott

I have never had those. I would, however, be willing to try a fiver if you get the box but only if they are all tobacco. That would mean the hand finished might be a better bet.

The Super Partagas has the "partagas" flavor but it's better with some age to it. In all honesty... it can't compare to an PSD4 or Serie du Conn No. 1 but for the price it's decent. I find the Partagas Perfecto to be better but that's just my opinion but with either of these MM's.... the key is to smoke them SLOWLY and you'll enjoy them more. If you start puffing quickly on the MM's they can turn hot, bitter and can give you quite a bite. Personally.... if you can find a MM with 3 - 4 yrs of box age on them they can be very enjoyable and tasty!

Aloha,

Wade

golfgar said:
I would, however, be willing to try a fiver if you get the box but only if they are all tobacco.
what do you mean by this?

Thanks for the info Wade. Most of the opinions I've received about them is that they are pretty good for the money. I doubt that these have 3-4 years of age on them, I am going to see if they will give me a box code. I searched around for perfectos and only found one place that carries them, and they didn't have them in stock.

Scott

ricmac25 said:
golfgar said:
I would, however, be willing to try a fiver if you get the box but only if they are all tobacco.
what do you mean by this?
I have only had a few MM's from Cuba, normally when fishing in Canada. I don't know enough about the Partagas Super to know if they are all tobacco with no paper in the binder or processed tobacco "wrapper". If that were the case and if there were a 5'er available I would trade or buy to try them. I have not had a MM in a long time, but it is my understanding some of them could nice.

From MRN: " A commonly available m-m. Tastes like a typical Partagas m-m. Subtle peppery and earthy flavours are blended with medium tobacco. Like all Partagas m-m cigars, are good value casual smokes"

Thanks gregor, I really need to get a copy of that book.

Golfgar, imho there are some really nice MMs out there that offer a great bang for the buck. I have tried the Jose L. Piedra Conservas and the Raphael Gonzalez Panatela Extra both of which I think are very good cigars.

threei said:
Golfgar, imho there are some really nice MMs out there that offer a great bang for the buck. I have tried the Jose L. Piedra Conservas and the Raphael Gonzalez Panatela Extra both of which I think are very good cigars.
I have tried a 5'er of the Piedra's. The flavor was indeed very nice and price was very attractive. It was hard to tell about the MM vs HM until the ash fell off and flaked. But, the flavor was pretty good.