• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sure glad Sunday wasn't Sunday 50 years ago!

handyman dave

Newbie - Still old but not dead yet!
Sunday the wife and I were climbing the "Rocky" stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Fine Art. When we got to the top not only didn't I feel well but I had some pain in my chest. We walked the museum, (the special Cezanne exhibition was extraordinary), and the feeling passed. Monday morning I had a little pain in my chest until I drug the trash cans into the alley for the trash-men. The pain hit so hard I wasn't sure I'd get back into the house.

My wife took me to the hospital. The rest of Monday and night were bad. Tuesday, first thing, they did an angiogram and put in a stent to open a 90% blockage. No damage to the heart muscle according to the blood work so I count myself very lucky.

But it got me to thinking ... 50 years ago I would be permanently disabled because they would not have been able to do anything. Today, I am home and looking forward to full functioning again in a few days.

I for one am sure glad these aren't the "good old days!"

edited for spelling

Glad you're ok now Dave. Take it easy for a little while my friend.

I am so glad you are better! Please be careful and take care of yourself Dave!

Melly

Glad to hear that everything will be OK Dave, Rest up and take care.

Wow Dave............Glad all's well that ends well. Take it easy, and speedy recovery.

Glad to hear you're doing ok! Good thing we have some great medical institutions in Philly!

Wow that was a little scary I'm sure. I'm glad to hear everything is better now Dave, rest up and here's to a speedy recovery.

Very glad to hear you're going to be okay Dave! Definitely some scary stuff. Take care of yourself man!

That's pretty scary man, glad you got it taken care of in time. Take it easy for a few days and feel better!

Wow that is scary, i am glad your doing ok and you are home with your family. Rest up and take care of yourself.

I'm glad to hear that you'll be fine a few day brother. Take it easy and get well soon...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

God bless ya brother!! Take care of yourself and get well soon. My dad, who is now 70, had some trouble breathing as he was clearing some brush a couple of years ago. Since heart problems run in his family, he went and got it checked out. The next morning he went in for emergency triple bypass surgery. He had no other symptoms aside from difficult breathing and if he hadn't had that checked out, the docs say he would've most likely had a heart attack that would've killed him before he hit the floor. Glad to hear your ok buddy.