• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Surely I am not the first to try this

tolije

I decided to perform a thorough cleaning of my trusty cutter. Any tips or secrets that I should know before I proceed with the re-assembly.
P1010846.jpg

I have that same green one... do your blades stick when it's opened?

As for tips, leftover parts are usually bad. :)

Well no tips per se . . . but if you can't get it back together then you can send it to Xikar and get a new one under their very liberal lifetime warranty policy.

Mine came apart much easier than it went back together, and the blades still tend to stick a bit.

Mine came apart much easier than it went back together, and the blades still tend to stick a bit.

Yeh some one asked to use my Xikar cutter one night and they dropped it and sure enough it looked just liked the pick above! Sure enough it went back together pretty easy and works like a charm! :D

Dean

I had the same problem, so i just sent it back. I had a replacement withing 3 days!! Great service!

Brandon

Won one on c-bid which came just like your picture of your disassembled cutter, sent it to Zikar and they sent a new one along with a leather pouch. Outstanding customer service! Try it you'll like it! :thumbs:

Won one on c-bid which came just like your picture of your disassembled cutter, sent it to Zikar and they sent a new one along with a leather pouch. Outstanding customer service! Try it you'll like it! :thumbs:

Thanks for reminding to register to get my free leather pouch :)

I got it back together, but the little spring that pushes the locking mechanism up fell through a crack in my deck. It cuts fine. It just doesn't auto lock anymore. I wouldn't think that Xikar would replace because of my mistake.

I got it back together, but the little spring that pushes the locking mechanism up fell through a crack in my deck. It cuts fine. It just doesn't auto lock anymore. I wouldn't think that Xikar would replace because of my mistake.
Think twice brother, i said great customer service, try'em! :thumbs:

Send it back... usually no questions asked... they'll send you a new one...