• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sweet! Romeo & Julieta Churchills, etc

2stroke_bluesmoke

Hello everyone! I am new to the site and wanted to say hi! I unfortunately (or fortunately) was introduced to the finer Cuban cigars on a trip to Canada last fall. I had some Hoyo Double Coronas and fell in LOVE. Since then, I picked up another box of Hoyo's and the above Churchill's. I've gotta say, the Churchill's are even better than the Hoyo's; as if that was possible. Anyways, I'm on track to get some others soon. Just a few questions:
1.) Are the 2001 Limited Montecristo Robustos worth getting?
2.) How are the Cohiba's (I'm more into the nutty, coffee, etc. tastes) like the Siglo II's?
3.) How about the Bolivar's?
Anyways, I'm attempting to moderate my ISOM's with my Padrons 3000's, 4000's and Churchills (and awaiting some PAM's).
In advance, I apologize for any spelling errors, etc. I also wanted to say that I haven't met a better message board than Cigar Pass. You all are very wonderful and helpful. Best wishes to all; happy smokes. I will be posting on a regular basis as well. Thanks.

BTW the ID is because I love another type of smoke...two stroke street motorcycles...it particularlly annoys some prissy automobile drivers. TTFN (TaTa For Now). :thumbs:

I have had a few Bolivar's that damn near singed my nose hairs by sniffing them. They were medium bodied and full strength. The Belicosa Finos are pretty decent as well as the Petite Coronas.

Emo

Welcome 2Stroke to CPass!!

Personally, I'm not a Monte fan so I'd pass on those and I find that Cohibas are a little mild for my liking and a bit on the expensive side.

Bolivars are great cigars and so are the Hoyo Churchills and DC's but you already knew that :)

My favorite cigar right now is Vegas Robaina, I think it is the strongest Havana you can buy (any size but the Don Alejandro is the doulbe corona or "prominentes" size, 7 5/8 x 49).

Ramon Allones are also great cigars, the Gigantes is a double corona and I love the Small Club Coronas for a quick smoke. They are a TPC size (tres petit corona) 4 3/8 x 42, same dimensions as a Partagas Shorts but much more taste, flavor and "punch".

wow, good intro Bro.

1. have not smoked myself, but have heard so-so reviews of these, someone else can ans. this better.

2. Have no complaints on the Cohiba Siglo line. (can now say through buying, trading, santa-ing, have tried the whole line.) A great smoke, no Q on that.

3. Bolivar's are great, my fave, is the P.C. a powerhouse of a small smoke. the torp. of the line (BBF) and the Royal corona are tops too.

Welcome to CP! You're gonna love it here.

1) The Monte Robustos are very tasty :thumbs:

2) Cohiba's are the best cigars made period!

3) Bolis are great especially if you like a nice strong cigar. If you want something really strong go with coventrycat's VR's.

coventrycat86 said:
Welcome 2Stroke to CPass!!

Personally, I'm not a Monte fan so I'd pass on those and I find that Cohibas are a little mild for my liking and a bit on the expensive side.

Bolivars are great cigars and so are the Hoyo Churchills and DC's but you already knew that :)

My favorite cigar right now is Vegas Robaina, I think it is the strongest Havana you can buy (any size but the Don Alejandro is the doulbe corona or "prominentes" size, 7 5/8 x 49).

Ramon Allones are also great cigars, the Gigantes is a double corona and I love the Small Club Coronas for a quick smoke. They are a TPC size (tres petit corona) 4 3/8 x 42, same dimensions as a Partagas Shorts but much more taste, flavor and "punch".
RASS, give those a shot.

If you like Havanas try Cohiba Seleccion Reserva's Those are REAL good bro!

Other than that, I have heard a lot about the monte EL robusto and they have all been good. I can't say the same for the 2003 EL "C" but then again I liked the one that I had.

Bolivar Coronas Extra is a good smoke (med body) and the BBF's are good as well (FULL BODY) so they got you covered no matter what you like.

Some like Cohiba and some don't. I personally like MOST of them. the SCR's are all great! So are the DC EL's and the siglo II and III and VI, along with the EL 2001 pyrimades. I didnt like a few years of the Sig III's though so you gotta be carefull. Esplendido's take a few years to get "on" but are some goooooood smokes when they are "on".

I will say this, pick up some 03' monte #2's cause those are "on" right now and smoking great!!!

Phil

Pretty much all I can add to the fine info you've already received is, the Bolivar is definitely one of the finest havanas available, period.

Well priced and great strength and flavor. My personal favorite is the Belicoso Fino- might be the best Belicoso available from Smokers Island? :) I've also had the Royal Corona (which is basically a robusto) and I think they are excellent too.

Cohiba, well- its a cohiba. Over priced but very very good. In the robusto size- I personally like the Partagas SD#4.... Its another great cigar.

Montecristo? Its a staple vitola, no doubt. My favorite is the #2, and when the #4's are on - They're ON!!! :D

Good luck and welcome aboard.

You should check out the Newbie sampler trade thread hereClick Here You can get a variety of smokes you have been wanting to try. Most have had some humidor time as well.

Phil