• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sweet young Cuban...

Jan Primus

Currently, I'm smokin a Nov 05 Hoyo epi 2 and it is great thus far (2" left). I have to put this out there with all the very discouraging talk of aging fat cubans for 5 yrs +. I pulled this out of the humi with low expectations...it has been nearly as good as epi 2's with several yrs on them that I've had.
I shall wait and see if these hit a "sick period", until then, I won't hesitate to crack into my other young cubans. Trust your pallette boys, no hard rules in the cigar world, just some very general guidelines.

I almost pulled one of these out of the humidor the other night but opted for something else instead. Looks like I'll need to give that young stick a try this week, thanks Jan!

:cool:

Currently, I'm smokin a Nov 05 Hoyo epi 2 and it is great thus far (2" left). I have to put this out there with all the very discouraging talk of aging fat cubans for 5 yrs +. I pulled this out of the humi with low expectations...it has been nearly as good as epi 2's with several yrs on them that I've had.
I shall wait and see if these hit a "sick period", until then, I won't hesitate to crack into my other young cubans. Trust your pallette boys, no hard rules in the cigar world, just some very general guidelines.

Good point, in fact I did the same with a HdM Coronation a couple of weeks ago. I have some from '03 and some from late '05. I've really enjoyed the aged sticks so to compare, I pulled out one of the '05's with very low expectations because I wasn't expecting that they would have nearly the same flavor and umph. To my surprise, it was very enjoyable and not that far behind in my enjoyment from the '03 variety. You're right, you just never know because each cigar is definitely different in terms of its need to be aged (and everyone's palette is different, obviously).

Had another nov 05 last night, same positive results...good taste, draw and burn.

On the other hand, I have a box of Mag46 may 05, that are supposed to be good young, and they have decent flavour but are not burning well at all.

On the other hand, I have a box of Mag46 may 05, that are supposed to be good young, and they have decent flavour but are not burning well at all.

That's a bummer. The few 05 Mag46 that I've smoked recently have just been delightful and with razor sharp burns. They taste fantastic to me though there seems to be some sense that 05 Mag46 are highly variable.

Wilkey

Had another nov 05 last night, same positive results...good taste, draw and burn.

I'm with you on the MAG46's my box of 05's definetly is not ready.

I'm with you on the MAG46's my box of 05's definetly is not ready.

Too bad it took me about 3/4 of the box to figure that out.