• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Swine Flu

Now, with that in mind, how many of you have heard through the media that the Obama administration...

Interesting reads, I'm sure (I'm getting to 'em), but watch the chalk on your toes* there, man. ;)

-John

crossing the line into politics

My daughter and son-in-law are both RN's. The son-in-law was called into a group meeting and told, if you get the sniffles, go home for two weeks. Both were told it was mandetory for them to receive the flu vaccine. With the H1N1 being in a state for Flux (we think it works but it is still experimental), they have elected NOT to take the H1N1 because of its status.

Which means the FOG's need the flu shot and the pregnant women and young children need (near mandatory) the H1N1.

I personally believe we are being coerced and BS'd on the H1N1. I would never freely try an untested vaccine.

2 cents donated.

Not to beat a dead horse but I wanted to give an update on the little boy who died a couple weeks ago.

http://wcco.com/health/flu/nathaniel.schilling.h1n1.2.1229624.html

I know his mom, Nichole. They go to the church I grew up attending. They were on some of the local news channels last night. I think the way most of the local media covered the story was good. Not inducing a panic.

As I said before, I usually sluf off things like this but when it hits closer to home, it's hard not to re-examine. But as we've all learned in this life, bad things can happen to good people.

Keep an eye on your loved ones.

While it is sad that people die of the flu, especially children, it happens all the time...the swine flu has become bigger than it actually is. It is edia propoganda to generate fear and ratings. Sad...truly sad.

That's a tragedy. My thoughts are with the child's family.

What I would wonder, in that situation, is if that particular case is a result of swine flu alone, or a pre-existing condition aggravated by swine flu, and if the regular flu would have the same effect? There are too many questions in these situations, in my eyes.

That's a tragedy. My thoughts are with the child's family.

What I would wonder, in that situation, is if that particular case is a result of swine flu alone, or a pre-existing condition aggravated by swine flu, and if the regular flu would have the same effect? There are too many questions in these situations, in my eyes.

From the story:
The Hennepin County Medical Examiner said Nathan died from Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle. It is a rare complication from the H1N1 virus.

According to the HCME his inflammation of the heart was not pre-existing. Not sure if the same thing would have happened with the regular flu.

Our family gets the flu shot every year due to my wife's cancer and resulting low immune system. We will get both shots (not mist) as soon a available.

If she gets either flu it is life threatening. Our school just had their first H1N1 case yesterday. My daughter thinks it is akid in her class that sits next to her :(

Having worked in a school for ten years previously as a part-time custodian, I took the shot every year. Ended up cleaning the sections of those who didn't take it as they got sick. Those Arses.

Wash your fuggin' hands. A lot. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth, and above all, avoid like the plague, school age children. You should be fine.

Doc.

Can someone remind me how many people died in 1918 because of the flu pandemic (H1N1, still no cure)?