• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TAA 2007

I thouht Ebad had an issue with tabac?! ....I wonder if he'll get reported? :whistling:

I thought I heard that the DCM was going to be the Stanford Reserve? Also, why did they switch the Opus band back to normal? It was black last year, right?

I thouht Ebad had an issue with tabac?! ....I wonder if he'll get reported? :whistling:

Silly man! He isn't selling cigars!

Just look at those bands!!! The detail, the design, the intricacy...no wonder the bands are more prized than the cigars themselves :)!!! And these are absolutely mint and untouched in the original packaging with all seals in place and of course, they were properly stored

So I decided to look if the Toast Across America event was coming near my neck of the woods. What would you know, it was here TONIGHT. :angry:

EDIT:
Looks like in two weeks there is one in Northern KY!!

I've never been to this event, what is it like, how is it run?

IanHummel,

just in case you wanted a set, and haven't gotten one yet...

...most B&M's will have some left.
Most B&M's don't fully sell out.

So give the local shop that held the even a call.

Good luck...

So I decided to look if the Toast Across America event was coming near my neck of the woods. What would you know, it was here TONIGHT. :angry:

EDIT:
Looks like in two weeks there is one in Northern KY!!

I've never been to this event, what is it like, how is it run?

It depends on the shop. Each one runs it as they see fit. Some include food, some don't, some offer other cigars at discounts that night, some don't. As to whether you will enjoy it, that depends solely on whom you attend with. I went to one and had a good time, but only because I went with three friends. Remember, for all the fancy cigars and other stuff the event itself is just a glorified fundraiser for the charity. It is as much fun as you make it.

I thought I heard that the DCM was going to be the Stanford Reserve? Also, why did they switch the Opus band back to normal? It was black last year, right?

Yep, black band last year

Guess we will have to wait and see if they are fakes or not. I wonder why they would use black bands, then switch to regular bands...

They are red bands this year. The Fuente rep couldn't tell a reason for the change however. He did bring a few boxes of Anejos (77 and 55) though. These are the first ones I've seen this year.

They are red bands this year. The Fuente rep couldn't tell a reason for the change however. He did bring a few boxes of Anejos (77 and 55) though. These are the first ones I've seen this year.

I was going to write that they had the Anejos at the one I went to as well until I noticed you went to the same TAA as I did. I was the load mouth with the cute blonde girlfriend.

Seth

Just called my local shop. They're really not doing anything special. $50 for the two cigars and some burgers. I think my money will be much better spent this Tuesday at the Cigar Dinner for $75. Apps, dinner, dessert, drinks, and 10 cigars for $75.

Oh well, maybe I'll hit one up next year that's a little more extravegant.