• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taboada '05 Pyramide Extra

fetterjohn

Non-active but active and lurking!
Well, I got a new job! Hated my last boss...she hated me and we parted pretty violently! So I found a great opportunity on CareerBuilder and the recruiter called me in 2 hours after posting my resume...he got me in touch with the regional manger and we spoke for 2 hours on the phone...met him the next morning, hit it off...they flew me to Minnesota the next morning and I got the job offer (Capitol medical equipment sales)! Stoked for me!

So to celebrate (and my wife was gone with our daughter for the night!) I grabbed a few beers (Asahi, Delerium Tremins, Argogant Bastard and Le Fin Du Mond) and went to the outside retreat to light a cigar. Hmmm...what to smoke? Something special! Don't have too many Koobans...got lots of Opus and other great treats! That's it...Taboada Pyramide from '05!!!

This cigar felt very light in the hands...not a lot of bunch...cheap bastard that Taboada! So at first I thought that it would smoke too quickly. Not the case. Cut the cap with my Xikar in the Wilkey-flip style (nice technique by the way!), and it did have a somewhat loose draw. Not to worry...

Tastes of dry plum, earth and straight tobacco in the pre-light. Fired right up and off we go. First draw (always the best to me) tastes of earth, leather, and tons of white pepper spice on the tongue. The white pepper really stays for entire smoke.

There are few changes throughout the smoke...at the 1/3 mark it started to mellow out a bit and tastes of very dark chocolate and coffee were present with hints of annis. Surprising! this lasted until the 2/3 mark where the coffee subdued and the spice came back. At his point the cigar was extremely flavorful and I stopped trying to pick out anything and just enjoyed the great craftmanship of the blend (too bad there wasn't enough of it!).

Full bodied...very flavorful...very well blended... I liked it!

If anyone has these from "05...they are ripe at this time. I know they had a sick period but I feel they are out of it now.

Enjoy!

-Fetter

PS - The beers were great as well and none of them detracted from the cigar... If any of you have access to Delerium Tremins, buy it!

Congratulations and good luck with the new company.

I don't have any 05's but do have many from July 06 who are extremely sick right now . Based on your smoke, looks like I will have to wait one more year to torch one.

Brian

Well, I got a new job! Hated my last boss...she hated me and we parted pretty violently! So I found a great opportunity on CareerBuilder and the recruiter called me in 2 hours after posting my resume...he got me in touch with the regional manger and we spoke for 2 hours on the phone...met him the next morning, hit it off...they flew me to Minnesota the next morning and I got the job offer (Capitol medical equipment sales)! Stoked for me!

So to celebrate (and my wife was gone with our daughter for the night!) I grabbed a few beers (Asahi, Delerium Tremins, Argogant Bastard and Le Fin Du Mond) and went to the outside retreat to light a cigar. Hmmm...what to smoke? Something special! Don't have too many Koobans...got lots of Opus and other great treats! That's it...Taboada Pyramide from '05!!!

This cigar felt very light in the hands...not a lot of bunch...cheap bastard that Taboada! So at first I thought that it would smoke too quickly. Not the case. Cut the cap with my Xikar in the Wilkey-flip style (nice technique by the way!), and it did have a somewhat loose draw. Not to worry...

Tastes of dry plum, earth and straight tobacco in the pre-light. Fired right up and off we go. First draw (always the best to me) tastes of earth, leather, and tons of white pepper spice on the tongue. The white pepper really stays for entire smoke.

There are few changes throughout the smoke...at the 1/3 mark it started to mellow out a bit and tastes of very dark chocolate and coffee were present with hints of annis. Surprising! this lasted until the 2/3 mark where the coffee subdued and the spice came back. At his point the cigar was extremely flavorful and I stopped trying to pick out anything and just enjoyed the great craftmanship of the blend (too bad there wasn't enough of it!).

Full bodied...very flavorful...very well blended... I liked it!

If anyone has these from "05...they are ripe at this time. I know they had a sick period but I feel they are out of it now.

Enjoy!

-Fetter

PS - The beers were great as well and none of them detracted from the cigar... If any of you have access to Delerium Tremins, buy it!

Taboada...one comment? Damn, I guess you newb's don't know shit! And to show that my new job didn't rank for any cool comments either...

Yes...feeling a little down now...I ...will...go ...smoke ...a ...Havana Honey.

-Fetter

Congrats on the new job Fetter. Sounds like a good one. As for the Toboada, you are one lucky SOB. I've got a few of the '06 rolled but haven't tried one yet (waiting for the word from the FOGs that they are ready). Later bro.

p.s. You need to join us next time we herf in Glendale.

Taboada...one comment? Damn, I guess you newb's don't know shit! And to show that my new job didn't rank for any cool comments either...

-Fetter

Dude what did you expect, you posted on the Labor Day Weekend. Don't you know that everyone goes out to enjoy the last three day weekend of the summer?

Congrats on the good news! I will agree with you that Senor Taboada rolls an extremely light cigar :angry: His 05 cigars are smoking well like Brian stated the 06's have not come around yet!

Feeling a little stress are we?

I've had one Taboada and so really can't comment in general although the one I had was excellent. If you ever run into a guy named Gar in your travels in the Medical Equipment business in Minn, tell him AVB says hi :)

Congrats Fetter!

Nice review - we'll see how the 06's are in a while.

Now...
Go smoke another :D

Congratulations on the new job, Fetter. Best of luck.

-Fetter

If it makes you feel any better, my review of the La Especion Longos only had four replies :laugh:

Great review by the way. I look forward to firing my first Toboada up soon.

Feeling a little stress are we?

I've had one Taboada and so really can't comment in general although the one I had was excellent. If you ever run into a guy named Gar in your travels in the Medical Equipment business in Minn, tell him AVB says hi :)

Actually I've never been more stress-free. Now I have left my last bitch of a boss...I'm happy! But I will not be in Minn any more than for training...this is where the company is based and I'll be in So Cal and also Hawaii! (Damn...I'm so sad that Hawaii is in my territory!) :whistling:

Thanks for all the great replies...I was only f'ing around last night and wanted some simpathy. And no, I did not smoke a Havana Honey! ???

-Fetter

So...how come I never got a special mention for replying to your post within 30 minutes ??? :p

:sign: :sign:

Brian

So...how come I never got a special mention for replying to your post within 30 minutes ??? :p

:sign: :sign:

Brian

Infinity...you are the fuckin' man! I can't believe how thoughtful and responsive you were over the weekend! Oh my god...whatever can I do to repay you...

(All said in a very sarcastic and jovial tone!) :thumbs:

Thanks, dude. :)

-Fetter