• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take a Look at this Box Code...

BahamaTom

Hello All- I have a friend that lives in a magical land where ISOM's are legal... Anyway, I was checking out his stash when I came across this box code... It looked different from the others, so I wanted to get you guys' opinion of it:

Picture133.jpg

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

BT

Looks like the real deal to me. Have had some great success from the POS factory. Especially early 06 RC's. Partagas factory if I am not mistaken. Hope this helps. TD

LMAO! :laugh:

I can't remember the exact box but I've seen the same box code and had a good chuckle when I saw the "POS" :laugh: I never had a "DIC" one though. :0 ("Diciembre" in Spanish which I'm sure you can figure out what month that is even if you don't know Spainsh :p )

No worries, it's legit.

Hello All- I have a friend that lives in a magical land where ISOM's are legal... Anyway, I was checking out his stash when I came across this box code... It looked different from the others, so I wanted to get you guys' opinion of it:

Picture133.jpg

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

BT
What is it about this code looks different to you?

This one is clearly authentic (as far as the appearance of the code) so perhaps all the others are the "odd" ones?

Wilkey

Please send all "POS" cigars to me. I will not let any B/SOTL smoke a foul lettered cigar. Please PM me for my address, confidentiality will be assured. The cigars will be properly disposed of by means of incineration. This offer is available to all that have these offending coded cigars.

Please send all "POS" cigars to me. I will not let any B/SOTL smoke a foul lettered cigar. Please PM me for my address, confidentiality will be assured. The cigars will be properly disposed of by means of incineration. This offer is available to all that have these offending coded cigars.

oh my! and to what do we owe such a generous offering?

My love of my fellow cigar smokers :love:

My love of my fellow cigar smokers :love:
Tony takes care of the east coast disposals, and I'm the official west coast "POS" disposal site. Tony and I offer an EPA approved "POS" disposal for all brothers out there that don't have the correct facilities for "POS" disposal.

...... :laugh:

As has been said, the code looks fine to me. What is it that concerns you about it....??

Helpfully - B.B.S.

You guys are great man! Thank you all for the .02 and the laugh...

Wilkey- To answer your question, the other codes looked to be stamped with a bigger stamp...?

I will see if I can get a pic to show you what I mean...

Thanks again brothers...

Regards,

BT

Here's a pic of another box:

Picture099.jpg

To my eye, this one looks a bit bigger, with a different font... All of the other boxes have this "style" code... He even has an SLB of SigII with the POS code that looks like this one, different from the other...

Again, just an observation.

Regards,

BT

Looks ok to me.

tone-ny, you'll be hearing from my Counsel for Cigar-Related Affairs, as I have exclusive and perpetual rights to Eastern POS disposal.

Sic 'im, Josh! :laugh:

Man, I had one I was trying to dispose of Wednesday... :whistling:

Here's a pic of another box:

To my eye, this one looks a bit bigger, with a different font... All of the other boxes have this "style" code... He even has an SLB of SigII with the POS code that looks like this one, different from the other...

Again, just an observation.
Regards,
BT
Hmm. Both codes have been observed on boxes before so there is that. Neither font looks inconsistent with specimens I have on hand to compare against.

What might be useful, if you are interested in exploring this a bit further, would be to take head-on photos with a ruler in the picture to provide scale or provide basic measurements of the factory and date code. Just for chuckles, of course.

Wilkey

Man, I had one I was trying to dispose of Wednesday... :whistling:

Yeah that game did turn into a stinker! LOL

You got it Wilkey. I will have him do it and send me the pic for posting. Will probably be later this evening.

I hope he has a ruler handy... He has his wife dupped into thinking 3" as actually 9"... :laugh:

Regards,

BT