• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take this test!

Lumberg

Opus Lover
This is a very interesting test that breaks down the political spectrum into 2 dimensions rather then one.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

If you choose to report your scores, feel free. However let's refrain from any further discussion that might take us down a road we dont' want to go down.

I'm just about in the middle hirizontally and about 1-2 points above center vertically.

.88 to the left, .36 to the libertarian.

My guts say that a leftist came up with this test :sign:

Sam, who still maintains he stands on the right. :sign:

-1.88 Horizontally and 0.56 Vertically. Funny, I always considered myself on the right! :0

blair said:
-1.88 Horizontally and 0.56 Vertically. Funny, I always considered myself on the right! :0
It's because a leftist came up with this test I am telling you ;) :sign:

Sam

-2.25 to the left
-1.79 towards Libertarian

I'm pretty easy going...unless you touch my cigars :)

SamGuss said:
blair said:
It's because a leftist came up with this test I am telling you ;) :sign:

Sam
I think you must be right (no pun intended)!! :p

I think as cigar smokers we are libertarian in one respect cos we dont' want the government telling us what we can do and where!

Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.38

Questions had to be made up by a very liberal individual by the way they read. :lookup:

1.50 to the RIGHT.
3.23 to the AUTHORITARIAN.

While I think this is fairly accurate, some of the questions were quite vague/broad. I'm not sure, as stated, I would be able to answer the question fairly w/o clarification.

I'm good with it. :sign:

Damnable Lumberg... This is as bad as that damn penguin game, with none of the fun... :D

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

According to this survey - I'm further out there than Gandhi... ;) Aside from my issues on firearms, foreign policy, and a few other areas, this is probably pretty accurate.

It's obviously too simplistic to try and quantify someone's entire political belief system in 2-dimensions of modeling. However, as far as this sort of thing goes, this is decently written IMO (not "good" or "great" - by any stretch - but not horrible), but it is key that you shouldn't look at these as polling or survey questions.

My main gripe with this was that a few questions were just written poorly (in terms of grammar and negative vs. positive phrasing) and that they didn't have a neutral or "don't care" category. These sorts of surveys often forget that many people are essentially apolitical in some areas.

Pretty much none of the questions were balanced or fair (almost all were slanted hard in one of their four quadrants) - which is a common technique in this sort of questionaire. The purpose is typically to present a point of view that belongs to one "side" or the other - and then see how much someone agrees.

You will note that the overall questionaire does (if you count) split their questions pretty evenly into the four areas - though you'll note that more of the poorly written ones fall on the right (which I would guess would cause people to come out slightly more left than they should - as you probably disagreed with a few questions because the letter of the question was impossible to agree with as written).

Cheers,

- Oak

Interesting - I always thought of myself as a right-ish wing conservative...

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

who knew? ???

LMAO! I'm somewhere between Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama.

oak said:
Damnable Lumberg... This is as bad as that damn penguin game, with none of the fun... :D

Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

According to this survey - I'm further out there than Gandhi... ;) Aside from my issues on firearms, foreign policy, and a few other areas, this is probably pretty accurate.

It's obviously too simplistic to try and quantify someone's entire political belief system in 2-dimensions of modeling. However, as far as this sort of thing goes, this is decently written IMO (not "good" or "great" - by any stretch - but not horrible), but it is key that you shouldn't look at these as polling or survey questions.

My main gripe with this was that a few questions were just written poorly (in terms of grammar and negative vs. positive phrasing) and that they didn't have a neutral or "don't care" category. These sorts of surveys often forget that many people are essentially apolitical in some areas.

Pretty much none of the questions were balanced or fair (almost all were slanted hard in one of their four quadrants) - which is a common technique in this sort of questionaire. The purpose is typically to present a point of view that belongs to one "side" or the other - and then see how much someone agrees.

You will note that the overall questionaire does (if you count) split their questions pretty evenly into the four areas - though you'll note that more of the poorly written ones fall on the right (which I would guess would cause people to come out slightly more left than they should - as you probably disagreed with a few questions because the letter of the question was impossible to agree with as written).

Cheers,

- Oak
Well explained.

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46

I knew I was to the right, but most of the "Big Names" on the right are anything but "conservatives". I agree with Sam a way left of center liberal created the test.

:D

gr8full2day said:
The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46

I knew I was to the right, but most of the "Big Names" on the right are anything but "conservatives". I agree with Sam a way left of center liberal created the test.

:D
Check out this link:

Map of all Democrats from the Primary and GWB

I might question whether this site leans to the left or right in american terms, but it does seem to lean overall in terms of thinking about politics in a very British way. Note that their Political Parties neatly fall into different categories... Anyone across the pond care to comment?

Also, do note that Matt R and I are currently the most like Ghandi and Bartók (and c'mon, everyone likes Ghandi and Bartók - right!?)... so send us some Davidoffs today.

OK - I'm done. I'm going to be at work until midnight at this pace... :D

- Oak

LOL on the political figures one I'm closest to Gerhard Schroeder. On the candidates Kerry.

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

:)

Well, only slightly surprising. -3.00 to the left and smack-dab in the middle for the liberal/Authoritorian portion. Leaned a little more left than I would have thought, but I blame my outlook on medical care for that.

Would you be the perfect politition if you scored smak-dab in the middle at (-0,0)(0,-0) on the perfectly written test??

Oh, nice Avatar Dave!! :D

Lumberg said:
I think as cigar smokers we are libertarian in one respect cos we dont' want the government telling us what we can do and where!
Huh? I know I'm new here, maybe I am missing something. How does being a cigar smoker equate me to being a Libertarian?