• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Take this test!

Bat_Chief said:
Well, only slightly surprising. -3.00 to the left and smack-dab in the middle for the liberal/Authoritorian portion. Leaned a little more left than I would have thought, but I blame my outlook on medical care for that.

Would you be the perfect politition if you scored smak-dab in the middle at (-0,0)(0,-0) on the perfectly written test??

Oh, nice Avatar Dave!! :D
Actually, if you scored smack in the middle you probably would be a great teacher! Scoring right in the middle would probably mean that you are a terrible politician. Because if you aren't polarized, then you won't score high with either political group. And not being held highly by either group usually dooms you as far as politics go. At least on the national level it does. On the local level it probably would garner mediocre success.
People want to know where you stand on major issues. Standing in the middle people wont feel secure in your abilities to make decisions because you could go either way on an issue. And Americans hate uncertainties. Plus, there is no real middle ground in American politics. When politicians vote for a law, it is yea or neigh. Laws aren't drafted yea, middle ground, and neigh.
There, I said my 2 cents without being polarized or trying to disturb any political group.

Emo

emodx said:
Actually, if you scored smack in the middle you probably would be a great teacher! Scoring right in the middle would probably mean that you are a terrible politician. Because if you aren't polarized, then you won't score high with either political group. And not being held highly by either group usually dooms you as far as politics go. At least on the national level it does. On the local level it probably would garner mediocre success.
People want to know where you stand on major issues. Standing in the middle people wont feel secure in your abilities to make decisions because you could go either way on an issue. And Americans hate uncertainties. Plus, there is no real middle ground in American politics. When politicians vote for a law, it is yea or neigh. Laws aren't drafted yea, middle ground, and neigh.
There, I said my 2 cents without being polarized or trying to disturb any political group.

Emo

Yeh, well just don't ask me to teach spelling! Politition....nice job, Batty Chief!! :angry:

Good point EMO, you may want a politician to stay hard, fast and decicive on issues. Teachers, on the otherhand, may want to stay subjective on political issues and objective only on facts & science (for the most part).

Yours was a benign yet well thought out opinion. Now on the other side, where's CC86's post on the topic?! :)

Some of those questions are vague and others were right down dumb. If you want someones political position....ask em. That test would be about as accurate as Bill Clintons definition of sex. :)

Now if you want to take an accurate test take THIS ONE!

No surprises for me;

Economic Left/Right: -3.21
Social Lib./Auth: -6.21

Makes me neighbors with the Dalai Lama. Hey, nice neighborhood! :D

Oh, and Oak's analysis of the questions is right on, IMHO. :thumbs:

Allofus123 said:
Some of those questions are vague and others were right down dumb. If you want someones political position....ask em. That test would be about as accurate as Bill Clintons definition of sex. :)

Now if you want to take an accurate test take THIS ONE!
****, I am a farqing idiot! Thanks Kenny, now I have finally proved it to myself! Well you know they say genius is often diagnosed as idiotism. Heres my sign :sign:

Emo

5.12 to the Right side
2.12 to the Authoritarian side

I appear to line up with Tony Blair. Imagine that. I always fancied myself to be more of a Churchillian Tory. :D

I got you ALL beat, I told you I'm a right wing nut case 'cause even when the liberals make up a test, I can see through their crap and still score a:

+6.88 YEAH BABY!!

On the "who cares" vertical scale, I got a +3.28

These questions were absolutely ridiculous because they want conservative to feel "guilty" by answering "Strongly agree" to questions that are obviously written by tree huggers and crybabies who are jealous of big business, private sector business and anyone who has more money that they do. So if a relativelyconservative person "backs off" on these slanted questions, all of a sudden, everyone in the country is to the left of center.

This has to be the biggest crock of crapola I've seen in quite some time. The Libertarians have a similar test on their website. Once you get done taking it, you get the realization that you (and damn near everyone who takes the test is too) a LIBERTARIAN.

Heck, I saw some presidential candidate preference test with a bunch of questions and it said that Bush is 100% in my corner and the next closest candidate was only 37% to my liking and Kerry was on the bottom of the heap. I wonder who made that test up ???

In closing I thouhgt Kenny's test was much more realistic :D

Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.26

Do you ever notice these type of poll questionings show up around election time..... :D :thumbs: :p

Hey, nice score Stogieman, were damn near related! :p

Half the fun behind this thread was waiting for CC86 to post! :sign: :sign: I didn't need to see your results to know where your red dot was at, CC!! :D

Would you be the perfect politition if you scored smak-dab in the middle at (-0,0)(0,-0) on the perfectly written test??

Looks like I'm as close to the middle as they come.

Economic Left/Right: -0.25

I am surprised by it. I have always considered myself pragmatic and conservative.

I believe in small government.
I believe that I should keep what I earn and not give most of it away to a central goverment, so some social "I want to get re-elected" liberal can give it to some lazy, 'won't get a job' junky in CA.
I believe that welfare should be workfare( if you are so able bodied, then get of your ass and go clean a neighborhood).
I believe that all death penalty cases should have matching DNA evidence.
I believe that if you are a sexual preditor of children you should be castrated and then shot.
I believe that the greatest calling is to defend your country
I believe that patriotism is way of life, not a the lastest craze to be played with or critized.
I believe that to demand peace in your time while holding your son is an act of cowardness.
I believe that to burn our flag is the act of a spoiled child that doesn't understand the very symbol of their rights.
I believe that student activitist should sit down and shut up, the grown-ups have real work to do.
I believe that I may have to smack my child to keep him in line, but it should be a last recourse.
I believe that kids aren't my equal, they have to earn their way by learning, exploring, and experiencing life. It is my job to guide them and keep them safe, not be their friend.
I believe that I must be a respectful and honorable citizen, that is responsible for his family and accountable for his actions.
I believe that my ultimate duty is to raise my sons to be the same.

Where does that fit on their chart?? :D

Steadfast views, Puros. What's the name of this political party and do you need a running mate??! :thumbs:

Puros said:
Looks like I'm as close to the middle as they come.

Economic Left/Right: -0.25

I am surprised by it. I have always considered myself pragmatic and conservative.

Don't worry about it Puros. The questions were worded (i.e. spun) in a way to make people feel guilty for having conservative views. If the questions had been constructed with neutral language, many of us would have scored much farther to the right.

Take care, Bacchus

Just finishe the test..Some interesting questions to be sure..but i don't think it should be taken all that seriously..

My scores:

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

Scooby

Erudition2000 said:
Lumberg said:
I think as cigar smokers we are libertarian in one respect cos we dont' want the government telling us what we can do and where!
Huh? I know I'm new here, maybe I am missing something. How does being a cigar smoker equate me to being a Libertarian?
Look at the line of mine that you quoted. Cigar smokers don't like being told where and when we can smoke.

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -.72

I was shocked to be so far to the left but this may have been due to some uncertainty in responding to some questions. I was not surprised by the social score being for individual rights while at the same time seeing a need for control.

I agree with others, this type of survey must be taken with a grain of salt. While it may be representative the results may also be directed. Question structure and order often can effect placement on these types os things and I agree with several of you that some of the questions were poorly written and several did appear to have a left slant to them!

WOW, I just looked at the political candidates chart and I really do not agree with the candidates that are in my zone!!!