• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking Atlantic Cigars up on their offer...

H311oLHD

I have recently been on the market to purchase a box of CAO MX2's and have been doing a lot of research trying to purchase a box for the least amount of $$. Anyways, I got home tonight to find an E-mail from Atlantic Cigars, $10 off a box of MX2 Beli's....so I logged onto their website to see what exactly their price was. Long story short, they include a little blurb on their site about their competition:

We'll beat anyone's advertised price, and if you can find a lower advertised price, simply call our Toll Free Number at 1-800-887-7877 or e-mail us at admin@atlanticCigar.net

I noticed that TNT had a box of Robustos for about $12 cheaper on their site, so I just sent Atlantic an email. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this with any success, or if I'm just wasting my time? I currently have a bid on Cbid, but i'm not sure it'll stick, so I may still be on the market for the box. If you've successfully had a company "beat the price" how much do they beat it by? 5% or something? Will they give this price to EVERYONE or just me since I took them up on the offer? By the way, how many people have used Atlantic? i've heard good things, but have never used them before.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Atlantic and TNT are sister companies. I have used Atlantic once and they were fine for me. They usually are the cheapest for more expesive type cigars. I thought their price guarantee was like $5.

I have recently been on the market to purchase a box of CAO MX2's and have been doing a lot of research trying to purchase a box for the least amount of $$. Anyways, I got home tonight to find an E-mail from Atlantic Cigars, $10 off a box of MX2 Beli's....so I logged onto their website to see what exactly their price was. Long story short, they include a little blurb on their site about their competition:

We'll beat anyone's advertised price, and if you can find a lower advertised price, simply call our Toll Free Number at 1-800-887-7877 or e-mail us at admin@atlanticCigar.net

I noticed that TNT had a box of Robustos for about $12 cheaper on their site, so I just sent Atlantic an email. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this with any success, or if I'm just wasting my time? I currently have a bid on Cbid, but i'm not sure it'll stick, so I may still be on the market for the box. If you've successfully had a company "beat the price" how much do they beat it by? 5% or something? Will they give this price to EVERYONE or just me since I took them up on the offer? By the way, how many people have used Atlantic? i've heard good things, but have never used them before.

Thanks! :thumbs:

They have matched prices for me several times and have never not done it.

Seth

I'm sure they'll do it. I've always had a good experience with my orders from Atlantic. Good people there.

i've had good luck with them, good prices, items in stock and fast shipping.

Response from Atlantic Cigars:

Dear Aaron,

Our everyday price for the CAO MX2 Robusto is $XX.XX.
It does not include the free goods listed online.
Because the price is so low we are not allowed to
advertise it online. You would either have to call in
your order, or if you place the order online you can
put the quoted price in the comments section of your
order and we will manually make the change.

Best Regards,
Robert

Thats a damn good price and is $5ish bux cheaper then TNT's. If i miss out on my bid on Cbid, i'll certainly be hitting up Atlantic :). Pretty cool how they stood by their guarentee, but I don't get why they cant list that price of $XX.XX, does CAO tell them not to?

I don't get why they cant list that price of $XX.XX, does CAO tell them not to?

Probably. This happens with a lot of brands, not just in cigars but in all kinds of things. For those brands that won't allow advertisement below a certain amount (often MSRP, sometimes a certain % of MSRP), there is often a button saying "email for price" or something similar.

And since they can't list it online, perhaps you shouldn't, too.

Atlantic is good people, I've dealt with them a few times before. I've always gotten a great price, and better service.

And since they can't list it online, perhaps you shouldn't, too.

Atlantic is good people, I've dealt with them a few times before. I've always gotten a great price, and better service.

Ooops!!! Editing to fix my post. Thanks Tom. :blush:

Perhaps this is how the retailers are getting around the recent supreme court decision?

This is common practice is all forms of wholesale / retail.
You can sell cheaper, you just cant publish it to the public.

I work for a company that sells our educational software directly from our website, and through various retail outlets. We started packaging it with a book solely for customer convenience (ie priced at minimal profit to us) and accidentally undercut all of our resellers. It was a mess and we had to redo all of our packaging.

Basically you make everyone else, including the manufacturer and all your competitors, angry if you advertise a price below set levels.

Even having a "too low to advertise, call for pricing sticker" can cause problems in some areas