• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Taking the kids to Disney

heffror

My wife and I are taking our two girls to Disney 1 week from today. We are staying at the Polynesian inside Disney. We've already booked a 'Parent's Night Out' and will be going to Pleasure Island. From a few previous posts, it looks like I'll need to stop into Sosa Cigar. While I certainly won't have a cigar in the hotel room, does anyone know what the policy is on the balcony & anywhere inside Disney? Also, any other tips, both cigar related or in general, would greatly be appreciated.

Thx in advance
Bob

Bob,

I was last there a couple years ago, but if I remember correctly, you can smoke on your balcony, outside the hotels, and outside at downtown disney/pleasure island. The looks I got while smoking a stogie outside a restaurant on the Boardwalk were priceless. You can not smoke however, inside the parks, even outside unless you are in designated smoking area.

Enjoy

Been there twice in the last 6 months. You definitely want to stop by Sosa but I would suggest b4 you buy anything walk down a little further to their bar. I think it is called El Fuego. They sale smokes there as well and while about 80% are the same assortment you would see in the main shop they did have different Opus in the bar.

I have stayed at the Grand Floridian and Old Key West. I smoked cigars on my balcony/patio at both. (not sure if it is officially allowed or not but I had no issue's)

as for the parks yes you can smoke in the designated area's but I did not find hanging there for an 1 hr was conducive to the family experience (WAF if you know what I mean)

Have fun...

Lou

Bob,

If you can squeeze it in there's a great little cigar shop on Main St. in Kissimee called Don Panchos. The owner is a knowledgeable lady named Lissette, and her prices are quite reasonable. She has a very nice smoking lounge.

Have fun

Might be too late for you Bob, but for others in the future, I get a 20% discount for tickets to Disneyland and Disneyworld. Send me a PM if you ever want me to pick them up for you. Takes about 1 week on my end, and that's if I'm NOT traveling, so get with me at least 2 weeks in advance of your trip.

Have a great time, Bob.

I was just there in February. Go a little further past Sosa and there's a great Irish pub I can't remember the name. They've got a nice outdoor area for some Guinness and a smoke.

I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas and although I didn't smoke on the balcony( too afraid of that $500 charge for smoked in rooms) they did have a little bar and their entire common area balconies I saw people smoking there. I'm sure your resort has similar facilities.

Have a great trip.

Smoke away.... I stayed at the Animal Kingdom and smoked. I will be there from 3/22/08-3/29/08....I will be Corona Cigars smoking away....

All,

Thanks for the info - I do appreciate it. Actually my wife and I are getting a few goodies together and UPS it to Disney. A few evening cocktails/cigars at the room while the kids wind down should do us good.

Bob