• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Talk about grace under pressure…

That is amazing... I am a private pilot and to execute that type of a water landing in a large jet full of people requires so much precision it is not even funny. If you don't have it perfectly level, that plane ends up cartwheeling down the river and the outcome is much different. I love the in-cabin conversation laid on top of the radio chatter... not only is he executing this amazing ultra-precision water landing, but he is doing it while talking to the tower and running through the emergency checklist with the first officer. And he sounds cool as a cucumber on the radio...That is what pilots mean when they talk about having "the right stuff."

DJ

Wow.

I watched "Brace for Impact" on TLC the other night, and it was really enlightening to hear Capt. Sullenberger run through the events of the flight in real time while following the flight path of the plane, and to get the perspective of the air traffic controller as well.

I saw that too. Great show!