• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Talk some sense into a newb here!

DePixeler

Hi all, I'd love a desktop humi so I've been scouring the web. Along the way I saw this:

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/itemId/331

which is either a) a good deal or b) a dog house. The humi looks similar to the ones everyone else sells for around $50 but the "their selection" cigars has me flummoxed. Cuban Crafters has (reportedly) some good cigars and some bad boys. The common sense part of me says to just find a deal on a humi and use the balance to buy a few good sticks. But maybe some of you have experience with this and will tell me it's the deal of the century. Are these sticks seconds, overruns etc? Shoot I'm not even sure they are CC's! So....Go for it or run like he11?

Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

For the sticks, I can't speak from experience, but read some of the reviews at the bottom... They sound so fake!

"Tried four of the cigars with colleagues at lunchtime, what a great impression they made at our table and those around us."

Really? Lol.

The humi looks nice... I would consider buying a larger one, and spending any extra money on brand name sticks... Padron 2000s, for instance, are very cheap/good. Or, if you have the room, I would sway you towards a vinotemp if you think you have some sort of budding interest in cigars. Take it from me, I've been smoking cigars SERIOUSLY for only 6 months or so now, and I've already bought 3 humidors and just recently a vinotemp. I wish I just bought the vino right off and only one desktop.

Take a look at some imperfects, usually, you won't tell the difference and the prices are much better. Don't pull the trigger to fast, look around and gauge your interests... Trying using the search feature as well, these type of threads have been addressed before!

Good luck!

Shoot I'm not even sure they are CC's!
If you are asking if they are Cuban Cigars, the answer is no. I suppose one could refer to them as CC's (a common abbreviation for Cuban Cigars) as an abbreviation of the company, CubanCrafters, selling these - but that's kinda a stretch in terminology. I cannot speak for their quality. Sure, taste is subjective to the individual, but the sole descriptor of "long-filler premium handmade cigars" can mean darn near anything in the quality spectrum. I tend to be wary of such vague descriptions.

If you are able to find this humidor, sans these cigars and cutter, for 50 bones, I'd suggest opting for that empty box deal instead.

Oh, and there is an administrator for this board, but no moderators as commonly found on other boards.

Hi all, I'd love a desktop humi so I've been scouring the web. Along the way I saw this:

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/itemId/331

which is either a) a good deal or b) a dog house. The humi looks similar to the ones everyone else sells for around $50 but the "their selection" cigars has me flummoxed. Cuban Crafters has (reportedly) some good cigars and some bad boys. The common sense part of me says to just find a deal on a humi and use the balance to buy a few good sticks. But maybe some of you have experience with this and will tell me it's the deal of the century. Are these sticks seconds, overruns etc? Shoot I'm not even sure they are CC's! So....Go for it or run like he11?

Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.

Seems to be the same humi here without the $45 for questionable smokes. Now take that unspent $45 and head over here. The NST is a great way to meet a member, help build a positive reputation, and get some killer smokes. 75 cigars for an additional $45 sounds like a way for them to move unsold dog turds and increase sales at the same time.

Or, you could go the cooler route, because a 100 count humi holds about 60-75 sticks, and that ain't nearly big enough. :laugh:

I went with www.cheaphumidors.com for my first humidor and couldn't be happier. Look through their imperfects section and see if there's something you like-the defects are very very minor(I actually can't find the defect on mine) and they work wonderfully. Or do as others have said and look into a vinotemp(if temperature control will be an issue for you) or a coolerdor.

If you plan on hanging around CP for any length of time I suggest getting a 300 ct humidor and/ or a cooler-dor. Your desktop isn't going to be big enough. Believe me I know from personal experience. ;)

Oh and Welcome to CP ! :)

If you plan on hanging around CP for any length of time I suggest getting a 300 ct humidor and/ or a cooler-dor. Your desktop isn't going to be big enough. Believe me I know from personal experience. ;)

I'll second that!! We could march droves of CPers up here who started with a small desktop, moved to a bigger one, moved to a coolidor, then another one, then moved to a standup.......and on and on and on. If you're down for the sickness, skip ahead a bit and get yourself a cooler and read up on how to set it up. Like Whopper said, if you plan on sticking around, and we hope you do, you'll need it!!! Welcome to CP bud, it's great to have you with us.

Cuban Crafters is located in Miami, Fl. As such, I have been to their factory and showroom. As for their humidors, I have seen them up close at both the showroom and at local cigar shops. They appear to be good quality construction for the price point. After all, we are not taking about a Diamond Crown or something along those lines. With regard to their cigars, there are a few that are crappy and some that I love (e.g., La Carolina :love: ). I have no experience with the ones that they are offering with this humidor. I hope this helps.

I'll second that!! We could march droves of CPers up here who started with a small desktop, moved to a bigger one, moved to a coolidor, then another one, then moved to a standup.......and on and on and on. If you're down for the sickness, skip ahead a bit and get yourself a cooler and read up on how to set it up. Like Whopper said, if you plan on sticking around, and we hope you do, you'll need it!!! Welcome to CP bud, it's great to have you with us.

That would be me. I went from one 50ct. To a 50ct and a 150ct. And tomorrow, on my day off, I'm heading to either walmart or dicks to buy a 48qt cooler. Save your time and money, and just buy the cooler now.

My first desktop was a Cuban Crafters 30 ct. It worked well and I've heard other's have had good luck with them too. Their cigars don't do much for me though.

That would be me. I went from one 50ct. To a 50ct and a 150ct. And tomorrow, on my day off, I'm heading to either walmart or dicks to buy a 48qt cooler. Save your time and money, and just buy the cooler now.

I just arrived home and made an inventory of my cigars. Approximately one month ago when I joined CP I owned one 70 ct desktop humidor that was empty.

As of today I have the 70 ct and a 300 ct humidor. And get this.... at least 130 cigars right now stored in the two. This of course does not take into account however many I have smoked during this time.

So beware don't let the cigar bug get you! ;)

P.S. I forgot to add also ditched my foam modules and now have Heartfelt beads also. And digital hygrometers, a new ashtray.....the list goes on..and on....and on...... :whistling:

Also keep in mind that the rated (or stated) capacity of a humi is not always an accurate depiction of what you can actually stor in them in the real world. I have a 100ct desktop that has about 40 sticks in it currently and I know for a fact I'd never be able to get another 60 in there and still have it convenient to open and choose a stick without rifling through the lot.

Just go ahead and buy the 150 qt marine cooler, Brent. You know you're going to need it (or three :whistling:) eventually. :D

The cigars I've had from Cuban Crafters are not that great. They're not that bad, but you can do better for the money. I would look around for a humidor without the smokes so you don't get stuck with a bunch of cigars you don't like.

Mark over at Cigarmony.com has a good selection of humidors as do many of the other merchants that frequent Cigar Pass and understand what we're about here. They'll treat you right and steer you in the right direction for sure. Support those that support us if you can. :thumbs:

I have that exact humidor and it has been nothing but great for me. Looks great and better yet, works great. I even bought my brother a 50ct from them also to get him started. I would GO BIGGER though. I have filled mine up and now using one of dad's spare desktops to hold the rest of my smokes. I would spend money elsewhere on smokes though, as others have stated. They sent me a Don Kiki Green label and it was awful. But the humidor I love and wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again. Also get some beads and a digital hygrometer.

Here is link to pictures of mine.

My first humidor was from Cuban Crafters and I thought it served me well. It was a 25 ct. The only problem was that I was a little too rough with the top and the hinges broke right off. But as you get to 50 ct. and bigger, they use stronger and better hinges that won't break as easily.

For my second humi I debated long and hard between a Cuban Crafters and a Cheaphumidors.com 150 ct. I went with the cheaphumidors one and it's been excellent. It came with a few blemishes but I bought it for $75 in the imperfects section.

Don't know if this info helps, but good luck with it anyway!

PS - the humidor lasted 6 months, but now it's a dry box as I keep all my singles and boxes in a vinotemp lol. Yeah CP has been quite an experience (so far)

If you decide to go with Cheaphumidors.com, I received this in an e-mail:

Save 10%
Use coupon code BEJF-YXQ8PK at checkout. There is no limit on this coupon so it use it to your hearts content. This offer applies to new orders only and can't be used for previous purchases.
Offer Expires: June 30th, 2008 or to the first 50 customers, whichever comes first.

Might get you into a bigger humi for the same money.

Rocky