• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tar build up

Ekans

?
I've noticed that there is alot of tar building up in the end of the cigar in almost every cigar i smoke, it's very annoying :angry2: . There shouldn't be any problems with the humidity or temp. in my humidors. So could somebody please help with advice or suggestions of the problem.

Sorry for my spelling :(

Thanks

MilesMingusMonk suggested I purge after every eight or so puffs of your cigar. This cuts down of the build up of tar in your cigar. Blow thru the cigar instead of drawing in. Also maintian a good long ash on the cigar for as possible so it keeps the cherry cool producing a much creamier smoke.

Kudo's to MilesMingusMonk for the above mentioned advice.

C&R

I was using a punch and stopped because of tar, now I only use a cutter.

The thing is that i haven't had this problem always. It just recently became a problem and the damn tar is clogging(sp?) the draw. Yes i've tried blowing in it but not that frequently as suggested by cigars&rum
but i'll try it on the next one. Thanks for the advice everyone

Usually happens with cigars stored at higher humidities.

I kind of like it. Happens to me most with Anejos.

Yeah, I agree cigars&rum about purging - that helps. Also, keeping the ash long and not smoking it too hot. I haven't heard anything about the high humidity causing tar build up before - that's a new one to me.

Lumberg said:

[snapback]246783[/snapback]​

I can not stand the taste of nasty tar in my mouth. I throw the ciagr out once the tar hits my lips.

Are you joking?

Great King Rat said:
Lumberg said:

I kind of like it.  Happens to me most with Anejos.

I can not stand the taste of nasty tar in my mouth. I throw the ciagr out once the tar hits my lips.

Are you joking?
[snapback]247833[/snapback]​

When it has happened to me the tar stays in the punch hole and doesn't actually build up to a point where it drips into my mouth.

Lumberg said:

???

You like it? You are probably the ONLY person who likes tar build-up. And I've never had this issue with Anejos. Then again, I use distilled water and keep mine at 65% or less.

mrjinglesusa said:
Lumberg said:

???

You like it? You are probably the ONLY person who likes tar build-up. And I've never had this issue with Anejos. Then again, I use distilled water and keep mine at 65% or less.
[snapback]247849[/snapback]​

I had few DCM #5's that kept dripping. Fuente line is way over rated IMHO. Just Hype.

Great King Rat said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Lumberg said:

???

[snapback]247849[/snapback]​

I had few DCM #5's that kept dripping. Fuente line is way over rated IMHO. Just Hype.
[snapback]247851[/snapback]​

Do you like cigars? I don't think I've seen you post anything but complaints about them so far. :sign: Maybe a new hobby? ;)

Great King Rat said:
Fuente line is way over rated IMHO. Just hype.
Don't like Fuente's.
You send them all to me for proper disposal... :laugh:

Great King Rat said:

Ummmm, OK. :sign: How about a list of domestic cigars you think are better than OpusX and Anejos? And we all know about PAMs and '26s already....

;)

I don't know. The Fuente line is one of my favorite, with the OpusX being my favorite cigar. Never had a bad Fuente.

DCM, tar build up, I've NEVER had a bad DCM. I've had a bad opus, bad PAM PAN or 26, but I've never had a bad DCM... :(

There is so much diversity in the Fuente lines....Opus X, Hemingway Natural and Maddies, Anejos :love:, Don Carlos, DC Maximus, and the sungrowns,etc....that saying it is all over rated / all hype, doesn't ring true if you have taken the time to enjoy the diversity. Have you tried an aged Work of Art Maduro? An Anejo #50 with some time in the humi? How about an Opus X PL with 3 years under it's belt? A Cuban Beli SG discovered after a few years at the bottom of the humidor is a special treat as well.

More research may be needed, KingRat. ;)

cigardawg said:
Great King Rat said:
Do you like cigars? I don't think I've seen you post anything but complaints about them so far. :sign: Maybe a new hobby? ;)
[snapback]247853[/snapback]​

--OR--

MilesMingusMonk said:
More research may be needed, KingRat. ;)
[snapback]247900[/snapback]​

Take your pick. Either a new hobby or do more research b/c saying Fuente is overrated is insane. Overpriced? Maybe. Overrated? No way. They are as good as everyone says they are.

MilesMingusMonk said:
How about an Opus X PL with 3 years under it's belt?
[snapback]247900[/snapback]​

I'll take one buddy! :whistling: :cool: