• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tar build up

I'm still on the liking the tar build up. The few times I've had tar build up were the most nasty thing I have ever put in my mouth. Yes, including that too. The most nasty bar none.

Someone I know had tar build up on a torpedo the other day because the cut was too small, bigger cut, better draw, no tar. So if you have any of these issues with torpedos, make sure the cut is big enough.

ricmac25 said:
I'm still on the liking the tar build up. The few times I've had tar build up were the most nasty thing I have ever put in my mouth. Yes, including that too. The most nasty bar none.

Someone I know had tar build up on a torpedo the other day because the cut was too small, bigger cut, better draw, no tar. So if you have any of these issues with torpedos, make sure the cut is big enough.
[snapback]247943[/snapback]​

Exactly. i don't understand why people use "punch" cutters. More likely to develop tar build-up with those...

mrjinglesusa said:
cigardawg said:
Great King Rat said:
I had few DCM #5's that kept dripping. Fuente line is way over rated IMHO. Just Hype.
[snapback]247851[/snapback]​
Do you like cigars? I don't think I've seen you post anything but complaints about them so far. :sign: Maybe a new hobby? ;)
[snapback]247853[/snapback]​

--OR--

MilesMingusMonk said:
More research may be needed, KingRat. ;)
[snapback]247900[/snapback]​

Take your pick. Either a new hobby or do more research b/c saying Fuente is overrated is insane. Overpriced? Maybe. Overrated? No way. They are as good as everyone says they are.
[snapback]247914[/snapback]​

I knew I would get reactions from my comments. :p To be honest I prefer isom taste. I prefer a cheap isom twang to any PAM, PAN. Opus, DCM, etc...
As a matter of fact a buddy of mine gifted me a PAM torpedo last night. Cigar looked awesome, great burn and draw. However, it was just a tad better than the regular Padron maduro line. This was my 3rd PAM and every time I have smoked one I have been disappointed.

Going back to the DCM. Bought a 5 pack of #5's based on the great reviews and hype. Again I was let down. Tar city, on both cigars I smoked and pulled out branches out of the cigar. Perhaps, a bad batch. Traded the rest for some isoms.

Opus, is a great cigar with great spicy taste no doubt. However, it is ridiculously priced . I can have 3 large size isoms, which I will enjoy more. Why throw my money away.

I know alot of folks love their NC's and I did as well few months back. However, now I only prefer the tatse of the good island.

Great King Rat said:
mrjinglesusa said:
cigardawg said:
Great King Rat said:
I had few DCM #5's that kept dripping.  Fuente line is way over rated IMHO.  Just Hype.
[snapback]247851[/snapback]​
Do you like cigars? I don't think I've seen you post anything but complaints about them so far. :sign: Maybe a new hobby? ;)
[snapback]247853[/snapback]​

--OR--

MilesMingusMonk said:
More research may be needed, KingRat.  ;)
[snapback]247900[/snapback]​

Take your pick. Either a new hobby or do more research b/c saying Fuente is overrated is insane. Overpriced? Maybe. Overrated? No way. They are as good as everyone says they are.
[snapback]247914[/snapback]​

I knew I would get reactions from my comments. :p To be honest I prefer isom taste. I prefer a cheap isom twang to any PAM, PAN. Opus, DCM, etc...
As a matter of fact a buddy of mine gifted me a PAM torpedo last night. Cigar looked awesome, great burn and draw. However, it was just a tad better than the regular Padron maduro line. This was my 3rd PAM and every time I have smoked one I have been disappointed.

Going back to the DCM. Bought a 5 pack of #5's based on the great reviews and hype. Again I was let down. Tar city, on both cigars I smoked and pulled out branches out of the cigar. Perhaps, a bad batch. Traded the rest for some isoms.

Opus, is a great cigar with great spicy taste no doubt. However, it is ridiculously priced . I can have 3 large size isoms, which I will enjoy more. Why throw my money away.

I know alot of folks love their NC's and I did as well few months back. However, now I only prefer the tatse of the good island.
[snapback]247963[/snapback]​

Ok, I don't know much about ISOMS, but based on this chart:

http://www.keenwebs.com/herfindex/opus.htm

you can really get three large size ISOMS for, say, $12.50?

I bought few Opus Churchill size ones from my local vendor for $24.00 each. Can you forward me a vendor that sells singles for the prices you listed.

Thanks

Great King Rat said:

Just curious. Did you tell the person you traded with that you had tar build-up on both you smoked and "pulled out branches"? Anyone else have this experience with DCMs? I've smoked a ton of them and have never had this problem.

Also, there is no way you can get "3 large size ISOMS" for the price of an OpusX. No way. A box? Yes, depending on the brand and size. 3 for the price of one Opus? I doubt it.

Great King Rat said:
I bought few Opus Churchill size ones from my local vendor for $24.00 each. Can you forward me a vendor that sells singles for the prices you listed.

Thanks
[snapback]247973[/snapback]​

You paid way too much. Where do you live?

San Diego, CA...

Ciagrs are not cheap around here and finding Opus online is almost impossible for me.

mrjinglesusa said:
Great King Rat said:
Going back to the DCM.  Bought a 5 pack of #5's based on the great reviews and hype.  Again I was let down.  Tar city, on both cigars I smoked and pulled out branches out of the cigar.  Perhaps, a bad batch.  Traded the rest for some isoms. 

Just curious. Did you tell the person you traded with that you had tar build-up on both you smoked and "pulled out branches"? Anyone else have this experience with DCMs? I've smoked a ton of them and have never had this problem.

Also, there is no way you can get "3 large size ISOMS" for the price of an OpusX. No way. A box? Yes, depending on the brand and size. 3 for the price of one Opus? I doubt it.
[snapback]247974[/snapback]​

I traded them to my good friend here in San Diego locally. I told him about the cigars and he was ok with it. No harm done.

for $8.00 a stick you can get some good size isoms.

I paid $24.00 for each Opus Churchill. I had no other choices in size from my local vendor.

5 pack of DCM #5s here is $60.00. Not cheap.
PAN #1 $29.00
PAM Torp $19.00

These are crazy ass prices when you compare them to good isoms.

mrjinglesusa said:
I don't understand why people use "punch" cutters. More likely to develop tar build-up with those...
[snapback]247956[/snapback]​

Punch cutters are good for smaller ring cigars, like PC's and TPC's. JL Piedra's, Flor de Cano's, anything with a crappy cap I use a punch.

I'm beginning to think tar build up just happens sometimes, maybe its due to the weather (if you smoke outside) temp., humidity,...or it could be the smoker...cherry gets too hot, might just be the cigar. All I know is that I've smoked some and the tar is oozing out :angry2: and others have been dry as a bone :D .

I wish one of you would figure out why?!?!?!?!? :laugh:

By the way, when did this turn into an Opus thread.

indyrob said:
mrjinglesusa said:
I don't understand why people use "punch" cutters. More likely to develop tar build-up with those...
[snapback]247956[/snapback]​
Punch cutters are good for smaller ring cigars, like PC's and TPC's.
[snapback]248079[/snapback]​
It really depends on what sizes of punch's you have.
I have three different sizes. The largest works great for a 50 ring gauge cigar.