• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tardy Tartness

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
By Hoppin Frog in Akron Ohio

From their web site: A super-tasty kettle sour designed by the Hoppin' Frog brewers just for the Rare Beer Club, it packs a tart punch, with lots of tangerine, banana, apricot and pineapple added for a superb compliment and balance.

This beer just came out for the Rare Beer Club in late 2020 and quite frankly, I was pissed because I view a rare beer beer to be something that will be coveted into the future, and a sour just just didn't seem to fit that bill.

However, this was the best sour I ever tasted, that could be because I don't like sours and don't taste many of them but since this was free to Rare Beer Club members, I had to try it. I shared the 22 ounce bottle with a friend, served in a tulip glass.

I hate when people give a bad review to a beer just because they don't like that kind of beer but I am going to be objective and fair.....I hope.

The 22 ounce bottle literally looks like milk in the brown bottle, it pours looking like apricot juice.

But wait! Things get better!

It has a wonderful smell of apricot and pineapple, didn't notice any banana or tangerine.

The first taste hit me as a sour usually does but the swallow and after taste was very flavorful and tasty!

The more I drank of this, the more I liked it. I would say the most prominent taste is apricot with the tart sweetness of pineapple.

Overall, I was very impressed with this beer and I will probably buy more!

Actually, I have bought several more! It's one of those things that doesn't fit, isn't what you expect, but leaves you very satisfied!
1618957891265.png