• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tat Black

Breedy

Busted
So I got my box of Petite Lancero's today and decided that there was no time like the present to do a review.

gallery_6472_782_9882.jpg

I paired the cigar with Elmer T. Lee bourbon that I picked up recently on the recommendation of Cigarpass's own Punk_Lawyer.

gallery_6472_782_77369.jpg

The first picture is just a little comparison of the evolution of the Tat Black. I smoked the couple of Robusto I was gifted, but you get the idea. The one in the middle is a tad confusing as it noticeable shorter and a smaller ring gauge.

gallery_6472_782_75.jpg

Upon initial inspection the wrapper is noticable darker than the Tubos and I would say on par with the CG's of various releases. It is well constructed with no soft spots and a nice shag-foot and pigtail. Rough dimension are 6 x 38ish. I punch cut the cigar and the draw is as just about perfect. The first couple puffs of the shag-foot were nothing short of a pepper/spice M-80 even without me trying to taste them.

After the first 1 inch or so it has calmed down a lot and settled into a full bodied smoke with a good bit of spice and leather and lots of smoke. The Elmer T. Lee is as smooth a bourbon as I can remember having, which is exactly what Stu told me to expect.

About 2 inches in now and the pepper flavor has really back off into a pleasant after note. Its a little spicy, but over all tastes of fine tobacco. The draw continues to provide just the right amount of resistance and the ash is loose and falls off with the slightest bit of movement. The burn is good if not razor sharp and I find the cigar wanting to go out if I don't tend to it. I already can already feel the nicotine's effects, it reminds me a lot of my first Tat Black.
gallery_6472_782_57574.jpg

Half way point now and the burn is starting to get a little off. A quick touch up fixes the problem. The pepper and spicy has subdued nicely and I am really, really liking the bourbon

gallery_6472_782_28076.jpg

Well, it went out on me. Shipped with a 72 rH humi-pack. Probably needs to stabilize a bit, but upon re-light still a tasty cigar and I can feel the nicotine buzz.

It went out again and the spicy is picking back up in last 1/2 inch or so.

About 2 inches left and the pepper/spicy is really back. Lots of nicotine in this one.

Out again and I am calling it quits.

Overall this was a very pretty good cigar. It arrived today and had no time to stabilize so the going out was some what expected. It was really heavy on the pepper/spicy at the beginning and settled into a fine cigar. Leaps and bounds ahead of the Tubo and hopefully in a week or three will be on par with the CG's. Not sure if the winter break from cigars has made me notice the nicotine more or if is just the cigar.

Very nice review! I am going to try and track a few of these down...you and Ketch make them sound so good

I still have a few of the original jar release (corona gorda), and must say, they are simply outstanding; one of the best smokes I've ever had.

Nice review. Havent had anything but the Tubo and CG so far. I may try these if the opportunity presents itself.

Please tell us more about the Elmer T Lee? Stu MADE me buy a bottle. Just haven't opened it yet. I am kinda scared to.

Just smoked one of these and it was fantastic. Mine had a bit of sweetness to it that balanced out the pepper. This one got better and better as it smoked down to the nub and left me wanting more.

I gotta get my greedy little fingers on one of those because they sound delicious.

Just smoked one of these and it was fantastic. Mine had a bit of sweetness to it that balanced out the pepper. This one got better and better as it smoked down to the nub and left me wanting more.

:love: :thumbs: