• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Cabinet Regios

Dice

Grow a set and stop being so paranoid!
Tatuaje Cabinet Regios
50 ring by 5 1/2"
Filler/Binder/Wrapper: Nicaragua
Made by: El Rey de los Habanos USA
Maduro Wrapper
Cabinet Box of 25
Cigars wrapped in wax paper and with a yellow ribbon

I happened to stop by a friends Cigar shop last Thursday evening. I haven't been there for awhile, so with the store being relatively new, I like to try some of the new and exciting sticks he has been stocking in the store. The owner recommened the Tatuaje brand,knowing full well that my taste's run to the more full flavored cigars and that another customer who is a good friend of mine,and who has similar tastes, has been talking these sticks up. I decided to break down and spend the $12.50 for the stick,an amount that I am not used to spending unless it's for an ISOM.

It was worth every penny!!!

The wrapper is not really a thing of beauty,slightly oily with a fair bit of tooth.But the color was consistent. The cap has the triple wrap like your better Cuban cigars have.The construction was consistent,not hard,not soft...just right.

Prelight draw was VERY good and had a nice complex taste. A little toasting of the foot and the light was easy with a mouthful of creamy smoke.Quite enjoyable! Right from the star I was happy with the draw and taste of this cigar. It has complex flavors that are pretty hard to describe.It started out witha very light/mild taste of cedar that was not overpowering at all but started the taste buds into action. To my palate I got the taste of a dark chocolate/cocoa with just a hint of cinnamon(sp?) spice and well aged tobacco.About halfway through I started to get a light leather note with a sweet coffee and cocoa flavor along with the sweet spice. The sweetness of this stick is not overpowering in the least. It's very pleasant. You get a load of the creamy smooth smoke on every draw down to the nub. This is one of those sticks that when your finished burning your fingers and are forced to put it down, your dying to light up another!

The stick is not without it's flaws though. The burn is a bit crooked which calls for relighting to even out.The ash is flakey and not firm past the 1/3 mark. In the last third the stick tends to go out frequently. But for all of these flaws,I still can't rave about this stick enough! The finish is without a doubt the longest of any cigar I have smoked.20 minutes later I still have the gentle flavors of this stick on my tongue!

I've smoked 5 of these sticks since Thursday and just had to go by a box today.I have to admit that I don't drop this kind of money on a non ISOM. At $275.00 for a Cabinet box of 25,it's ALOT for me. But I just couldn't help myself. If you enjoy full flavored cigars you owe it to yourself to try at least one of these. I think you'll be glad you did!

CA rated this cigar at 90 and CI rates it at a 92. I'd have rate it somewhere in that ballpark as well.If it weren't for the burn problems and the relighting I'd score it a solid 100! On taste alone it gets that rating from me!

Excellent review and I get pretty much the same profile while smokeing these.
I have had quite a bit of these recently and love them!

Thanks

I've smoked two Tatuaje's, Noellas and Cojonu 2003.

The Noellas are fantastic, smoked 3 in as many days.

Had one Cojonu but was not impressed. Maybe it was me and not the stick so I will give the stick the benefit of the doubt, leave them to sleep in my humi for awhile and then test again.

Brian

Nice review. The cigar sounds like a winner! I've enjoyed the Cojonu and Unicos. Did not like the Reserva J21 (might have been too young). They are pricey but boy, do they ever provide the pleasure.

Wilkey