• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Coffee...so, how is it?

Is that one batch or a couple shown? My roaster sure won't hold that much.

While I have no factual basis for this view, French Roast to me always seemed like a way for a coffee company to salvage burnt beans, kinda give it a suave name and sell it as special, under a PT Barnum philosophy of "this way to see the egress".

Cparker

Actually, it's all sold to Starbuck's. :laugh:

While I have no factual basis for this view, French Roast to me always seemed like a way for a coffee company to salvage burnt beans, kinda give it a suave name and sell it as special, under a PT Barnum philosophy of "this way to see the egress".

Cparker

Believe it or not, there are a lot of people who LOVE French roast. We always did it intentionally, but I could see an overdone batch ending up as "French Roast." Give me an espresso any day, to heck with that watered down stuff!

Is that one batch or a couple shown? My roaster sure won't hold that much.

One batch.
Started out with about 3 pounds of green which ends up being a little less then 2 1/2 pounds of finished product.

Hrmm, after doing a little research, I may try my hand at roasting sometime! For now though, I think I am just going to order the Tatuaje beans and let you gents know how it tastes. If anyone lives near Orange County and wants to try some, I'm always down to have company over and smoke a cigar! :D

Hrmm, after doing a little research, I may try my hand at roasting sometime! For now though, I think I am just going to order the Tatuaje beans and let you gents know how it tastes. If anyone lives near Orange County and wants to try some, I'm always down to have company over and smoke a cigar!
biggrin.gif

Let me know how it tastes as I'm interested in it myself. Also which label are you going with?

Hrmm, after doing a little research, I may try my hand at roasting sometime! For now though, I think I am just going to order the Tatuaje beans and let you gents know how it tastes. If anyone lives near Orange County and wants to try some, I'm always down to have company over and smoke a cigar!
biggrin.gif

Let me know how it tastes as I'm interested in it myself. Also which label are you going with?

Well, probably the White label. I figured I would start with their milder blend first, then work my way through all of them until I decide which one I like best. I'll be sure to post here what I think! :)

Hrmm, after doing a little research, I may try my hand at roasting sometime! For now though, I think I am just going to order the Tatuaje beans and let you gents know how it tastes. If anyone lives near Orange County and wants to try some, I'm always down to have company over and smoke a cigar! :D

Got a grinder? I'm about 10 minutes up the 605 from you. Let's set something up and I'll bring a bag of beans and couple of gars.

Got a grinder? I'm about 10 minutes up the 605 from you. Let's set something up and I'll bring a bag of beans and couple of gars.

Matter of fact, I just picked up a new grinder and french press! I also have a small standard drip machine, but I never use it. I'd be game for firing up a stick and brewing a cup with ya!

Matter of fact, I just picked up a new grinder and french press! I also have a small standard drip machine, but I never use it. I'd be game for firing up a stick and brewing a cup with ya!

PM sent......I think! :D

PM sent......I think! :D

PM received sir! :) I'm going to order those beans on Monday!