• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac

modo22

Country of Origin: Miami, FL USA
Wrapper: Habano Ecuador Maduro
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Length: 6 3/4"
Ring: 52

This is only the second one I have smoked out of the box I purchased last year. My first experience was not favorable last Halloween. The cigar had some damage and the wrapper was pealing away.

At first glance upon opening my box, I was afraid as the wrapper seemed a bit loose. I have always had an issue with my box opening easily; it is VERY tight. I have to use a box opener just to get it open.

The smell I was hit with though as I got it opened was absolutely amazing! At first light I was hit with a great amount of spice. After the first few draws the flavor really started to come out. The spice mellowed, but still stuck around in the first half. It was very pleasant and not to over powering. The flavor was full of roasted Almonds and vanilla. This had alot more sweetness to it then what I smoked last year. Through out the first half of the smoke I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of flavor and spice after each draw. The burn was consistent and clean; again, unlike what I smoked last year. The strange thing was there was not alot of smoke coming out of the cigar as I set it down and let it rest. Each draw contained a full smoke flavor bomb, but as I set it back in the ash trey, there was little if no smoke...found that strange, but the burn was still great; never had to relight. As I reached the half way point I realized that a year has done these smokes a great deal of benefit. Once I began to get into the half way point, the white pepper spice went away and the sweetness kicked up a bit. I was still getting a strong flavor profile of earth and nuts.

I am very excited to see what another year will do to these. I think I will have one more before Halloween this year. I smoked this one all the way down, not because of its "rarity" but because it was just a good smoke. Even getting that far with the cigar, there was no harshness.

IMAG0251.jpg

IMAG0252.jpg

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

Fantastic review and great pics bro! I had the pleasure of smoking one of these a couple of months back, and it was absolutely divine. Your review made me remember the flavors quite well.

Great review. I have to day that I was not impressed with the Drac when I smoked it a few months back. It is interesting to read about how it has evolved. I haven't had the opportunity to smoke the Frank, but I can day the Boris impressed me far more than the Drac. Looking forward to trying out the Face.

I smoked one a few weeks ago with a cigar buddy and we both agreed that it was an excellent experience. I put them in the same category as Anejos...similar flavors and the potential for aging is huge. Haven't had the Face yet but I have a few resting.

I enjoyed the 1 Drac I recently had, think I'll bring one to the station since I have to work on Halloween. Those are nice pics Ben, and the Tat ashtray is cool looking!

I smoked one a few weeks ago with a cigar buddy and we both agreed that it was an excellent experience. I put them in the same category as Anejos...similar flavors and the potential for aging is huge. Haven't had the Face yet but I have a few resting.

I agree on the Anejo comment...I can see the similarities.

Good review Modo. I have one that I was recently gifted and can't wait to kill it.

I agree completely. These cigars have really turned around in the last few months. I had my last one on Tuesday and it was spectacular. A huge improvement from the same box last November.

Great review and pics! I'm also curious to see what another year will do to these babies.