• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Frank

dulaney22

Banned
I would like to start off by thanking Ed (Spivy) for this wonderful smoke. He gifted this one and I recently had the fortune of picking up a few more. Yesterday morning I decided it was about time I smoked one of these monsters (no pun intended), so I lit ole Franky up.

This cigar is dark, oily and intimidating. It has a rustic, worn leather look . . . is veiny, bumpy and, generally, befitting its name. Pre-light, the aroma is only faint tobacco. The head was clipped to realize a slight resistance to draw . . . perfect!

Frankpreburn.jpg

The first few puffs were of creamy leather, with only a slight taste of black pepper. The smoke is very smooth and you are quickly treated to just a wonderful display of rich, creamy tobacco. The smoke sports a very light gray ash and burns to perfection. About an inch in, the cream turns a little buttery and has a nice, mild sweetness to accompany a backdrop of roasted nuts. At times, there were woody flavors and, at one point, I detect a hint of raisin. By the end of the first third, tones of coffee started to develop. What a great start!

The second third built on the first, with rich coffee/mocha starting to prevail. The cream sweetened a bit and the roasted nuts appeared more robust. This led right into the last portion of the smoke, at which time a nice, subdued peppery spice joined. The final third was truly spectacular. All the flavors appeared in a robust, yet smooth, fashion, ending with rich mocha and thoughts of toasted and buttered bread.

Frankburn.jpg

This is easily my favorite Tatuaje to date. I have read previous reports of the cigar being a spice bomb and almost too harsh to enjoy. Mine certainly did not fit that description. To the contrary, it was rich, smooth, robust and flavorful . . . a true delight. Be forewarned though . . . make sure you set aside 2+ hours to enjoy.

DSC04036.jpg

Nice pics and great review! :thumbs:

This is a cigar that will truly benefit from some aging. A wonderful cigar. Thanks for the review.

And yes, this one lives up to the hype. :thumbs:

Very nice review. Although not my preferred size the few I smoked were VERY good.

I am one of the few in the camp that these smokes were okay, not amazing, just okay. They didn't rock my world or make me see Jesus, but nice review nonetheless.

Thanks for that great review! It makes me really want to try any of the cigars in the Tat lineup. To be honest I hadn't heard about Tatuaje before joining CP since the selection of cigars at my B&M is less than spectacular for anything non-CC. Once I have a little more disposable income I'll look into buying a few Tats.

Great review and this makes me want one now more than ever! One day....

Hmm...now I know what my reviews do to people...makes me want to run out and smoke a Tat Frank! :laugh: I haven't put fire to one of these since...Nov last year. I actually was doing some cleaning up in my wineadors/coolerdor today and came across a single. I may wait 'til Nov, give it a good year to see what's happening. Spot on review Lee, same flavors I got from it and agree, very good smoke. Excellent review!

Great review! I've yet to have a Frank, sounds as though I will have to rectify that.

great review. Reminded me why I like the Franks so much. I'm glad I have a few stashed away. I like the pics too.