• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Havana Cazadores 2008

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Typical looking brown label Tat with medium brown wrapper, noticeable oils, and a couple prominent veins. It has a good weight in the hand, is firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap I find the draw has a little more resistance than I like, however more than enough air flow comes through with a good, straightforward tobacco taste.

The foot is burning orange in no time and plumes of smoke pour from the fire. I puff on the cigar a couple times, then take a long draw and immediately get a medium white pepper spice on the back of the throat. I find the smoke itself seems a medium to almost full strength and somewhat thick, maybe oily on the tongue. Flavors are rich right from the start with a taste of earth, cocoa, cedar wood, and a hint of sweet cinnamon.

A third of the way and into the halfway mark, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming. Medium to almost full strength smoke is still flowing well through the perfect draw with the spice continuing to hit the back of the tongue and throat just right. Flavors are consistent, rich and delicious, with the finish lasting well after exhaling.

Into the final third the draw seemed like it wanted to tighten up, however after rolling the cigar between my fingers, the tobacco loosened up and brought a good amount of smoke through. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke with sharp burn, good draw, rich, dark flavors and lasting finish. This was a really good size as well, much like the Havana VI Victorias I think, or close to them. Excellent smoke!

06-03-10TatCaz001.jpg

06-03-10TatCaz002.jpg

Typical looking brown label Tat with medium brown wrapper, noticeable oils, and a couple prominent veins. It has a good weight in the hand, is firm when squeezed, and after punching the cap I find the draw has a little more resistance than I like, however more than enough air flow comes through with a good, straightforward tobacco taste.

The foot is burning orange in no time and plumes of smoke pour from the fire. I puff on the cigar a couple times, then take a long draw and immediately get a medium white pepper spice on the back of the throat. I find the smoke itself seems a medium to almost full strength and somewhat thick, maybe oily on the tongue. Flavors are rich right from the start with a taste of earth, cocoa, cedar wood, and a hint of sweet cinnamon.

A third of the way and into the halfway mark, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming. Medium to almost full strength smoke is still flowing well through the perfect draw with the spick continuing to hit the back of the tongue and throat just right. Flavors are consistent, rich and delicious, with the finish lasting well after exhaling.

Into the final third the draw seemed like it wanted to tighten up, however after rolling the cigar between my fingers, the tobacco loosened up and brought a good amount of smoke through. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke with sharp burn, good draw, rich, dark flavors and lasting finish. This was a really good size as well, much like the Havana VI Victorias I think, or close to them. Excellent smoke!

Freudian slip much?:sign:

Nice review Greg!!

A third of the way and into the halfway mark, the burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming. Medium to almost full strength smoke is still flowing well through the perfect draw with the spick continuing to hit the back of the tongue and throat just right. Flavors are consistent, rich and delicious, with the finish lasting well after exhaling.

Freudian slip much?:sign:

Nice review Greg!!

:laugh: Yeah...that didn't sound right.

Jeez! Everyone is so PC these days! I for one didn't even notice! :whistling:

PJ

Nice review of my favorite Tat. Maybe it's the size/ring gauge but I just think this vitola delivers the best combination of flavor and strength of the brown label Tats. Agree on your Havana VI comparison - even though I actually like the hermoso in that line better.

I bought a box of these years ago, and believe that they are wet packed in foil. I had bought a fiver, and they were good. I ordered a box, and followed the advice to let tem sit for 6 months or something. They were excellent, and more flavorful that the first fiver, which the vendor told me was not allowed to cure in the foil.

Only reason I stopped buying them is because, for the most part, I just haven't had time for long cigars.