• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje La Maravilla

Benzopyrene

Smoked this yesterday and thought Id share it with you all. Its also been posted elsewhere. Cheers!

App- 14
Ash- 8
Draw- 10
Burn- 9
F/B-18
Unq- 9
Smoke- 10
Fin- 15
Tot-93/100

Filler: Nicaragua Binder: Nicaragua Wrapper: Nicaragua

CA rating: N/A My rating: 93 (02/09/08) Length: 5 5/8”

Ring gauge: 46 Size: Toro Color: Natural

LaMaravilla004.jpg

LaMaravilla008.jpg

I’ve been wanting to try one of these cigars ever since I saw them on good ole vitolas.net. I kept reading great things about them, and after leafandale told me they were long gone I figured it would never happen. Well, now it’s a reality, and so far it’s a pretty fantastic reality at that. This cigar had a beautiful toothy naked natural wrapper that extended to cover the foot with a slight crack over the foot and a small one in the middle of the wrapper. The ash was light grey and cracked showing decent combustablitity throughout, however it was not tremendously sturdy and ashed itself about every ¾ of an inch. The draw was flawless like a smoothie that has been blended to perfection without any residual ice cubes to clog things up. It burned evenly throughout and the smoke was thick and aromaticly pleasing to myself and the ants whose senses I kept messing up. The cigar started out very full bodied with a strong woody core accented with flavors of tea and fresh tobacco, a combination that was a little unusual, but was very pleasing on the palate. I found the flavors in this smoke to be very consistent throughout, and the only thing that changed was the strength as it mellowed out into a very smooth med/full bodied smoke. It was a dry smoke and complemented my Long Hammer IPA nicely. It went out on me once in the middle and had a few spots of harshness, but they quickly subsided and didn’t phase me a bit. I smoked this bad boy until it began to burn my fingers, and it finished the way it started strong and flavorful, leaving me with nothing but a good flavor on my palate and the memories to boot. I truly can’t wait to smoke another one of these in a few years to see how they age.

LaMaravilla009.jpg

LaMaravilla010.jpg

LaMaravilla013.jpg

Thanks for sharing the experience. One smoke I've yet to get my lips on. Looking forward even more so. :)

Btw, very cool ashtray. Portable and simple. Where did you pick that up, if you don't mind me asking?

To be honest I dont know where, because my brother bought it for me for Xmas, but ill try to find out for ya. Cheers!

Nice review. I also would love to know where that ashtray came from. It looks very handy.

Thanks for the review. Will these ever be produced again? The size is perfect in my opinion. The pictures add an excellent touch. Very well done!

I heard a rumor that they are trying to get Pete to do another batch, but that he is too busy right now but will do it when things slow down a bit. DOnt know how true this is, and dont even remember where I heard it, but yeah.... thats my story.

google the cigar, you might be surprised what shows up. :whistling:

tatuaje maravilla cigar

The ashtray is from oneoff. information . They used to carry them at CI. Good looking cigar, I have one resting in my humidor that was gifted to me from a brother. Can't wait to try it. I always thought they had a shaggyfoot. :blush:

The ashtray is from oneoff. information . They used to carry them at CI. Good looking cigar, I have one resting in my humidor that was gifted to me from a brother. Can't wait to try it. I always thought they had a shaggyfoot. :blush:
Thank you sir. I am now on a mission. :D

That is one mighty fine cigar! There aren't many so hang on to them and savor 'em.

I didn't want to come right out and say that, but yeah. I cracked box number 35 open and put a few online at a price that is sort of high but hey only 75 boxes were made. Since I worked with Pete on the cigar I wanted to share it with people now that didnt get a chance to try one when they were released.

Also Mark that cohete was a great smoke also.

Havent tried the Cohete yet, but I have one. Still searching for a stick of the Bombazos though. It has eluded me :( I got a couple of these at silo from the sampler. Good stuff since I wanted to try two ot those sticks. Cheers!

La Maravilla fresh was one of my first loves. I smoked one recently that was still a fine smoke but, as expected, had mellowed a bit. Big props to Kevin.

-Mark

Good review, nice looking cigar, even nicer looking ashtray!

But $100 USD, I couldn't spring for that!!!