• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje "Mexican Experiment"

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Word on the street is that the Tatuaje Mexican Project is:

All Nicarguan binder and filler with a Mexican San Andres wrapper, the 5 x 52 is a very limited release by Tatuaje, with only 400 bundles of 15 released.

Anyone get their hands on one of these yet...?? Anybody smoked one...??

Not yet...looks like my local got a few. I just reached out and asked if they would set a couple aside for me till tomorrow!

My shop had some and we're all out. However, I'm receiving more in 2 weeks. If anyone here wants any, shoot me a PM with your name and # and I'll give you a call as soon as I get them back in. Thanks for the one you gave me, TL!

Wonder if this is similar to the cigar he did for the Outlaw? I know it had a Mexican wrapper, and was 6 X 52 I think.

Not yet...looks like my local got a few. I just reached out and asked if they would set a couple aside for me till tomorrow!

Sorry Jim- they are all out ! hehehehe

Don't worry bud, I got your back on a split....

gallery_13416_1483_20263.jpg

Picked up a 5er on the way home from work from my local B&M!

i got 5 as well, havent triex it yet though

I will pick up fiver tomorrow. My buddies and I will see how they are during our fishing trip Sat.

I juts found out yesterday that the 5 x 52 is FL area and 6 x 52 is NE region. Also read smewhere there may be a west coast vitola coming. For the record the Toro was a solid stick.

Smoked one of these the other day with N'kicker and Bayamos. We all agreed that it was a good stick. Nice draw and the burn was even. Good smoke and the ash held tight about half way through. Laughed my ass off when we did the pre-light aroma and my dad said it reminds him of a county fair. :laugh:
Enjoy them guys...

Smoked one the other night and it was very good, no question. Not exactly a "life changing experience" but a solid, well constructed, very tasty stick.

Now, here's one to ponder....was it really "that" much better than a Murcielago or even an Ortega Serie D....?? These are all Mexican wrapper sticks, all very smokeable..... :whistling:

COuldnt' agree with you more, Tom. Thought it was a nice, smooth and flavorful cigar. But I'll light up an Ortega Series D for LESS money and enjoy it FAR more. Thanks again for the opportunity to smoke it brother!

It's called marketing my friend. Some are pro's at it. ;)

Pete is a marketing genius, I think his cigars are over rated and I don't care much for the hype, but man, this guy can sell cigars to mermaids.

This thing that upsets me the most, is that he has very few regular release cigars that I find are either worth the money or are actually decent. But I've found that most of his limited release/special stuff, it actually quite delicious, and not complete assault on your pocket book. Example of deliciousness - Pork Tenderloins

Why can't he have a regular line that tastes like his limited releases... :(

I smoked one of these the other night and was less than impressed. I'm a HUGE tat whore but this cigar seemed very one dimensional to me. It was well constructed and burned well but just never popped for me. Draw was a little loose too.

I smoked one this past weekend, and I agree. It was a good solid smoke, but nothing special.

Most folks at the local thoght it sucked. So did I.

Doc