• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Monster Series "Monsters"

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
I have fell in love with the monster series over the last year due to my love of Halloween and love for horror movies. Lately I have found myself wondering why Pete has chosen the "monsters" he has chosen.

Frank Released in 2008 from Frankenstein (original movie was in 1931)
Drac Released in 2009 from Dracula (original movie was in 1931)
Face Released in 2010 from Leatherface (original Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie was in 1974)
Wolfman Released in 2011 from The Wolfman (original movie was 1941)
Mummy Scheduled for 2012 from the Mummy (original movie was 1932)

To me when I saw the Face I was real excited for this series to continue. Thinking it may get more and more modern horror like Leatherface. Me being 27 I never really related to the original Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and Mummy movies all released in the 30-40’s. I was hoping to see maybe a Jason, Freddy Kruger, or Michel Myers which was all 70-80’s movie series like Leatherface. To me the “Face” just doesn’t fit currently in this group.

Just looking to see if anyone else had the same thoughts or what you think?

Thanks guys and gals.
Paul

If I were Pete the next release would be the "Invisable Man"....so when Pete's minions chase and buys this "limited" series they open a empty box. Most will still say it is the best cigar they ever smoked.

Good morning Paul, what's going on?

To be honest I've only just started enjoying Pete's monster series (got my first wolfman yesterday), but I can see what you're saying about the face being the odd stick. It seems like the previous monsters and even next years mummy are more fantasy characters than face but maybe its a sign of what's to come, who knows? Guess we will have to wait another year and that's exactly what the people at Tat want.

I hate to fall for kitschy gimmicks like this, but I have to admit, I'm also a sucker for the horror movie/ Halloween tie in with these guys.

Boris was also in 09(and also old school). Don't know why they'd mix new and old genres, maybe their marketing VP is a little twitchy?

If I were Pete the next release would be the "Invisable Man"....so when Pete's minions chase and buys this "limited" series they open a empty box. Most will still say it is the best cigar they ever smoked.
...... :laugh:
OK, now, that's funny right there...!! Thanks for the morning laugh..... :laugh:

Find an old Frank movie staring Boris Karloff and you will see what an original scary movie is suppose to be. Now I have to try and fine that cigar.

Also, check out Lon Chaney. Good stuff.

Edited cause I couldn't remember both in the same brain fart.

From what I remember, Mummies are skeletons wrapped in fabric, not sure how that translates to a cigar.

Nice wrapper that will unwrap by itself, revealing an intricate weaving of premium aged stems?

???

I have fell in love with the monster series over the last year due to my love of Halloween and love for horror movies. Lately I have found myself wondering why Pete has chosen the "monsters" he has chosen.

Frank Released in 2008 from Frankenstein (original movie was in 1931) Written 1818 and is actually the Dr....not the monster (PR FAIL)
Drac Released in 2009 from Dracula (original movie was in 1931) Written 1897
Face Released in 2010 from Leatherface (original Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie was in 1974) Low Budget film
Wolfman Released in 2011 from The Wolfman (original movie was 1941) Really 'The Wolf Man'...PR FAIL again
Mummy Scheduled for 2012 from the Mummy (original movie was 1932)

To me when I saw the Face I was real excited for this series to continue. Thinking it may get more and more modern horror like Leatherface. Me being 27 I never really related to the original Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and Mummy movies all released in the 30-40’s. I was hoping to see maybe a Jason, Freddy Kruger, or Michel Myers which was all 70-80’s movie series like Leatherface. To me the “Face” just doesn’t fit currently in this group.

Just looking to see if anyone else had the same thoughts or what you think?

Thanks guys and gals.
Paul

Universal Studios.

Does the mummy crumble into dust when you open it? Where is the tatuaje beedog christmas cigar?

That would be like a Halloween & April Fools stick all rolled into one! :D

tobacco-dust.jpg

Does the mummy crumble into dust when you open it?  Where is the tatuaje beedog christmas cigar?
Only the ones in the special beetle infested boxes. Those are limited to Saints and Sinners club members though.

WOW there are alot of Haters of the Tatuaje brand. LOL This tread wasn't ment for an all out Tatuaje or Pete bashing like most due on any other thread started about his cigars. Just looking for the opinons on the choice of monster charcters. I have enjoied most of his stuff I wouldn't say it is the best around but decent. I really like the Halloween concept!

Thanks Paul

Edit for my shitty use of words and typing skills!

WOW there are alot of Haters of the Tatuaje brand. This tread was ment for an all out Tatuaje or Pete bashing like most due on any other thread started about his cigars. Just looking for the opinons on the choice of monster charcters.

Thanks Paul

wut?

This thread was meant for an all out bashing? Sounds like you got it. I haven't smoked any monster cigar, the regular lines are good enough for me. I'd rather chase a Padron or Litto Gomez, oh wait...

I have no dog in this fight, but you might want to clean the last post up a bit and realize this is a sensitive issue to some people.

WOW there are alot of Haters of the Tatuaje brand. This tread was ment for an all out Tatuaje or Pete bashing like most due on any other thread started about his cigars. Just looking for the opinons on the choice of monster charcters.

Thanks Paul

wut?

This thread was meant for an all out bashing? Sounds like you got it. I haven't smoked any monster cigar, the regular lines are good enough for me. I'd rather chase a Padron or Litto Gomez, oh wait...

I have no dog in this fight, but you might want to clean the last post up a bit and realize this is a sensitive issue to some people.

Post edited... Thanks for the heads up!

Paul