• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Noella Reserva

KeyserSoze

Tatnoellareserva.jpg

Tatreserva.jpg

Tatuaje Noella Reserva
*aka: "Noellas Oscuro"
*Vitola: 5 1/8 x 42
*Wrapper: Nicaraguan aged ligero oscuro
*Binder: Nicaraguan
*Filler: Tatuaje Noellas blend
*Released: November, 2006

Environment: Indoors 70* weather.
Paired: Cold water with lemon.

After a long week and my mother coming out of surgery without a problem I decided to light one of these rarities. I've been smoking the regular noellas all week and needed a change so I pulled out a noella reserva from a trade last year. As you can tell by the pics the wrapper has the lovely dark, oily and shiny oscuro leaf that you'll find on the other cojonu cigars. After a large meal of salmon steak I sneaked into the office/smoking room to enjoy this work of art.

Upon lighting I was presented with a LARGE amount of black pepper and spice. Took me by surpise. With the regular noellas I tend to enjoy the smoke a little better if I pace myself or else it gets a bit bitter. The pepper and spice gradually mellowed down during the first quarter. I found the flavors to be quite similar to the regular noellas but with a little kick to it. (Earthy, woody and hints of leather). The only complexity I experienced was the transition from the first to second quarters. From then on it was pretty straight forward and smooth. I could taste a very small amount of black coffee in the background but the mellow spice and pepper was dominant. Puts a nice tingle on the tongue too and my throat was a little harsh from the initial pepper bomb.

Lately I prefer a more complex and sweet cigar such as the cabaiguan guapos or don pepins but overall this was one fine, full bodied cigar. A great change from the regular noella line. Reminded me of the flavors from an LFD and the strength of an OpusX. Gave me a nice nicotine kick afterwards in which I'm still feeling an hour later as I type. A damn fine cigar and worthy of its rarity but not something I see myself smoking everyday. Just a perfect cigar when you feel the need to change it up abit with a little head rush.

* Courtesy of vitolas.net

Good review! I love the Noellas, and this is definately one that is on the list to find. :blush: Very neat setup for the review pics btw.
B

Great review and pictures. Looks like I'll be looking to hunt a few down :whistling:

Great review Mike! I've always wondered about these. Just recently had my first Noella and based on this review I'm going to have to track one of these down.

Great review and great artistic arrangement of the pics. I've had several Noellas but have never tried the Reserva. You make it sound wonderful.

Very nice review. Love the pics as well! I've got a few Noellas resting, will definitely visit one soon. Thanks for the review!

Nice review. These are very nice cigars...thanks Andrew ;)

Brian

I love the regular Noellas and now I need to try one of these. Good review.