• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje RC233

oknewb

I am on spring break as of 10:00pm this evening, so I thought I would fire this cigar up. It has been in my cooler for about 6 months at 65%-68%RH. I keep my humidor around 60%-61%RH, and I think this cigar would have been better if I let it dry out a little more. It would not fit in the humi though, so what are you gonna do?

DSCN1878.jpg

This cigar was perfectly constructed and the burn was perfect all the way to the end. I think the ash would have held on the whole way down, but I didn't take any chances.

DSCN1884.jpg

DSCN1885.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

The first half did not produce large amounts of smoke, and I blame this on the humidity. The smoke that was there had good flavor. It was very grassy and a little bit sweet. I would not compare the flavor to any Tat that I have tried so far. The strength was mild compared to the other Tats, but it was no airball.
Half way in, the smoke really increased, and the flavor changed. It lost the sweetness and I noticed a little bit of toastiness(as in grilled bread). Towards the end it started tasting like ammonia, which is something I have never experienced. However, I could not toss it and I smoked it to the nub.

Overall, this is a good cigar, but not for $20(IMO).

Nice review -- I like the RC 184s significantly more than the 233s.

Haven't had the 233 yet, but the 184 was simply one of the best smokes I've ever had. I'm wondering about that ammonia taste. Sounds like the strength was similar to the 184 though, in that it starts out slow but gradually increases, but never knocks you off your feet.

Thanks for the review....I still need to get ahold of one of these, but I'm happy with my stash of 184's atm.

If you have the time to smoke the RC233, you might just have too much time on your hands. Luckily, I am just that person. I can honestly say that this smoke did not give me the normal good vibrations that most Tats do. The cigar is far too large and not that interesting a smoke. I am entitled to my opinion, right?

I, too, like the RC184 better...smaller and tastier! The 233 is just too damn big...

-Fetter

I like these cigars too. The biggest problem I have with them is dropping them on the humidor floor and fucking them all up so I have to smoke them.

I like these cigars too. The biggest problem I have with them is dropping them on the humidor floor and fucking them all up so I have to smoke them.
???

Thanks for the review, I was wanting to try the 233 and the 184. I think I will just set my sights on the 184 for now.

Doug

TFTR, I've only had a couple of the Tat line, but really enjoyed them. Not tried the cigar reviewed or the others mentioned, but I'll soon change that situation.

I liked the J21 quite a bit and it sounds like I should give the RC184 a test spin.

I've got one waiting for (much) warmer weather to do this one outside on the deck. It'll have about a year of humi time on it by then.