• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje RC233

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
This is one from my wish list. It's no surprise that I like to experience the unusual, or hard to find cigars. And my brothers and sisters of the leaf seem to always come thru for me. I was gifted one of these by a fantastic BOTL who notice it on a Make a Wish thread. Sent it to me and asked me to review this stick.

233a.jpg

Length/Ring: 9.125 x 55
Shape: Figarado
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo (Aged Ligero)
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium

I clipped, I lit and I smoked. I had high expectations of this unusual vitola so I was excited to smoke this one. I started at 3:15 in the afternoon. It was milder than I expected. Hard to light and a rough draw as I had come to expect from a nippled toe, but soon eased up. The burn was very uneven and ran. I corrected it and it stayed even. The ash was not strong at first, falling of every inch. Remember, this is a huge cigar and a lot to it. It tasted creamy and earthy with a spicy bit to the tongue. half way through the first third a nuance of leather became apparent in the background.

I finally got to the second third by 4:30 and not much change in the taste. Still an excellent flavor, but not very complex. A slight perfume or floral replaced the leather.

I arrived at the last third hoping that it would finish as something special, but after two hours, the only real change was that it had an ash that started to hang on.

233b.jpg

In conclusion, all I can say was that after two hours and fifteen minutes, my expectations were not met. I appreciated the gift and would not have missed smoking this cigar for the world, but IMO, the RC184 is a much better experience and a lot more bang for the buck.

Nice review. I couldn't bring myself to smoke a cigar that damn big, especially if I wasn't impressed with it from the start. Good job on getting through the whole thing.

I'm glad you were able to experience the cigar. I am sorry it wasn't what you were expecting. Thank you for the amazing review and pics. :thumbs:

I'm glad you were able to experience the cigar. I am sorry it wasn't what you were expecting. Thank you for the amazing review and pics. :thumbs:

Thanks for sending it to me Brandon. Maybe we can smoke in April when Tina and ar get out there... Looking forward to the trip...