• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Reserva - Cojonu 2003

windwaves

I have found a great cigar !

I don't know how many of you have recently had the Cojonu 2003, but I find this to be, at least these days, an amazing, fantastic cigar. And I say this after having 4 or 5 of these, purchased all from the same shop here in manhattan. THey are pretty expensive at $17 each, so I went ahead an ordered a box online for a fraction of that (and $100 less for the box than in the shop!!). The box arrives tonight and hopefully will be just the same. I will certainly have one right away and will post about it.

I usually smoke cubans but occasionally I don't shy away from experimenting others. Problem is, I have found nothing that would compare favourably, until I met this Tatuaje. It smokes beautifully, perfect draw and it provides me with most of those flavors that I love so much in cubans, a mixture of perceptions that makes it interesting, fascinating, truly a pleasure. And consistency: 5 cigars out of 5 being perfect it's a great record. They say the main problem with cubans is consistency but while that is true in my experience so far, the same equally applies to non cubans. I have had to throw away plenty of non cuban cigars, frankly, way too many.

Now I am really curious to see if things go as well with the box.

Also, on another note, I went to another shop last night, closer to me but they had no 2003s, and I purchased a Gran Cojonu. I was very very excited about it, given my experience with the 2003, but hey, it is such a disappointment.

Anyhow, I wanted to share my findings about this guy and see if any has had similar experience. I did a quick search for reviews but most were dated years ago so it could be that currently this cigar is near its best !?

Personally I have not had a Tatuaje yet but everyone say's that they are a great smoke. Maybe I can convince my local B&M to order some.

Personally I have not had a Tatuaje yet but everyone say's that they are a great smoke. Maybe I can convince my local B&M to order some.

I have tried quite a few, but only this one really impressed me and continues to do so. I have liked some of their little ones, for sort of a quick morning smoke, but others were too inconsistent and nothing came close to the richness of flavors of the 2003. I can't wait to see how I feel once I get to the 10th cigar or so in the box. But so far so good.

By the way (off topic really), I am astonished how a cigar can cost $17 at the shop and $10 online, shipped. Shocking.

2003's are a great smoke. One of my faves....:thumbs:

good to hear !!

I am curious then, what else do you really like these days ?

I only have one left, but glad to hear they they are holding up well :)

I have tried quite a few, but only this one really impressed me and continues to do so. I have liked some of their little ones, for sort of a quick morning smoke, but others were too inconsistent and nothing came close to the richness of flavors of the 2003. I can't wait to see how I feel once I get to the 10th cigar or so in the box. But so far so good.

By the way (off topic really), I am astonished how a cigar can cost $17 at the shop and $10 online, shipped. Shocking.

I am glad you mentioned these. I needed a little guidance as to what to dig for for tonight's smoke and Tat's in general always struck me as being great cigars with a bit of age on them. I know I have a few buried somewhere.

As for your other point, small shops tend to sell less volume compared to internet retailers. They have to cover their overhead selling smaller volumes hence forth higher prices. Of course, there are those that will just gouge you for the hell of it.